New Stove Paint

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Weldon,

For me this transcends excellent craftsmanship and design, and enters into true art. You are firing on all of those cylinders. Congratulations, a truly inspiring piece of work, you have raise the high water mark! Apart from the very real depth that your carving has produced, your treatment of the whole piece appears to create layer upon layer of depth visually. Outstanding!

I do hope you might be able to bring this gun to the next FEGA, so we can have the true 3D? If you do come, I hope your son, Bill, comes along? I can throw some extra instruments in my van. It was a ton of fun last time!

best

Rod

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Like Sam, I'm not normally an oak leaf pattern for the same reasons or that it looks too heavy. But this is exceptional Weldon! Superb work and design and it especially lends itself to a large actioned gun like a Model 21. :thumbsup:SUPERDOOPER STOVE PAINT!:thumbsup:

Artemiss

Elite Cafe Member
I am a fan of Oak leaf style engraving, when it's done well!
Sir, may I say 'bravo'. Stunning engraving and very pleasing design. :thumbsup:

Jo

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Beautiful work. I especially love the little acorns and where they are placed. :biggrin:

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks!

Marcus: Have you used that mandolin tailpiece yet?

Rod: unless something major changes in my world we won't make the FEGA show in Reno this year. Bill & I both had a great time pickin & he still talks about it:).....worth every bit of the long drive to get there. Will keep you posted if things change and we can come!

Thank each of you again for the kind words...the client really liked it & I thought you might enjoy it too....sooo much time effort and work that you feel like a part of you is missing or gone when it leaves the shop!

Weldon

Last edited:

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Doc Mark:

I missed this earlier....
Thanks...You are more than welcome to use this as inspiration for your work. That you would want to do so is honor enough, no need to give me credit! Take it, put your spin on it and make it "yours"!

WL

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Here's a closer view of the triggerguard.

WL 026 - Copy.jpg

Attachments

• 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Weldon,

As you know, I am a fan of your work. The oak leaf model 21 pictured in American Engravers-The 21st Century is my all time favorite for oak leaf engraving. Now you have topped yourself with this latest work! If you make another calendar I hope you will feature this one.

Sorry to hear you won't be at FEGA next year. It was great to meet you face to face and hear you and Bill picking and singing. I always wear my "Charge To Keep" buckle you made proudly with my SASS shooting rig.

Regards,

Roger

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Awesome Job Weldon! Like Sam, I don't care for oak leaves most of the time but you really pulled it off this time. Beautiful job!

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks, Dwayne!

Added a couple more pics...
WL

Attachments

• 063.JPG
    063.JPG
    385.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 066.jpg
    066.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
So, based on the second picture those two sculpted quail on the wing are what, not quite 1/4" across?
:bow:

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Steve,

Probably 1/4" maybe a little less. Since they are background I did them with minimal detail...there's a little there but mostly just matting.

WL

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I guess I focused on the leaves so much I didn't pay enough attention to the quail, You did an awesome job on them.

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Dwayne!:biggrin:

Did you make it to Johnny's Guadalupe Forge Fall Hammer-in? I really intended to get over there and learn some stuff but just didn't have the time:(

WL

Latest posts

Sponsors