+ Reply to Thread
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The transition cut in a different manner

I'm not a bright cut engraver but wanted to use that technique on this necklace pendent. The bright cut turned into the transition cut using a flat first then backing with the universal point. I'm not sure which tool felt better for control because I cut from different directions, anyway cross hatched with the universal. All done freehand without layout on a convex surface of sterling silver 1 1/2" in diameter. I'd found a few oops pieces that could be cleaned up of the cheap crap solder I'd used about 15 years ago and have never used since. So what better to do than recycle into something fashionable. I thought some would enjoy seeing or trying this out. and yes the focal point is off center so the design will dance when moved.
    I'm curious is bright cut typically done flat? I fun challenge on the short curve of the edge of the design.
    Mark
    Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

looks very well laid out, even though you did it on the fly. i do bright cuts with flats and rounds. you must be sure to polish them well.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Monk, They are fun to play with but kind of makes a feller go squirrely after a while.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

That is really cool !!! It reminds me of the toy "Spirograph" or whatever it was called. You young folks won't get it, but it was a neat toy for cold winter or rainy days.