Product of the TCAA Scholarship with Dave Alderson

TyG

Elite Cafe Member
It has been a while since I have put any new work up. I have been busy with saddles and my trip over to the US.

Here is a 3 piece buckle set I made whilst spending a week with Dave Alderson (Silverchip) as a scholarship from the Traditional Cowboy Arts. The buckle was made from 10oz of scrap Sterling Silver. We melted, pour an ingot, rolled the sheet and all was made from scratch.

Dave also showed how to push the bright cuts, but I was not going to ruin 10oz of silver, so I engraved it with my Gravermach when I got home.

I am yet to engrave the back of the buckle.

Dave and Debbie were absolutely wonderful, inviting me into their home and sharing knowledge as well as friendship. Can't wait to get back over and see them again. Ty.

Attachments

• 008 (2).jpg
    008 (2).jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 117
  • 009 (2).jpg
    009 (2).jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 124

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Beautiful buckleset with nice engraving !!
It must be nice to have friends where you can drop by and share all those things.
Willem

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks for the plug Ty.if you want to read more about this,go to the website tcowboyarts.com and look under educational program and scholarships reports.

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I can appreciate the extracurricular activities for sure. Within that week did you make the die for that buckle to take home with you?