winchester 73.

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
hi ron .. i couldn't find your e-mail so i am posting this message in hopes that you see it in time .
i just got back form the Allentown gun show and i found about a half doz. 73 , prices start at 1292 00 and go up to 19.500. now i did find a nice 73 with Oct. bbl and in 44-40 cal. the dealer wants 1550.00 for it the only thing i could see wrong with it is the dust cover is missing if you want it i can pick it up for you tomorrow (Sunday) but you must call me before 2pm eastern time . ron p.

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ron, I really appreciate your effort. Is there any way you can just get his number or card. I wouldn't want you to have to be responsible for this transaction, but it sounds like I would be interested in this one if you think it is good enough that you could restore it. The dust cover is not a problem if the inside bolt and carrier looks good enough to refinish. Thanks a bundle Ron, I appreciate it! Was he negotiable on the price?

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
hi Ron .. yes i did get his card and phone # here it is XXX-XXX-XXXX his name is T.R. he is a historical antique gun dealer in Lahaska Pa . when you talk to his mention my name , I did tell him some one would be calling him . I looked at the gun good and it does look like a good project gun , it is every thing you are looking for ,, let me know how you make out .. ron p.

I did get him down on the price , he was asking 1995.00 . he said that he would take 1550.00

Last edited:

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Wow! Thanks Ron for your trouble. It must be in the name, and everyone named Ron is a nice guy. What do you think?............I will check it out. I was looking at another one that was really good, but it was out there in price even though the guy gave me a break on that. This one sounds like it might be more in my range. Thanks again............Ron S

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
Yes you are right about those RONS we all are great people .. you are quite welcome , if there is any thing i can do for you just give me a call .. let me know if you got it .. ron p.