Help, please: New GRS setup

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have a silent sir compressor, graver Mach, with a foot pedal and 901 handpiece. Everything is working great accept the compressor cannot keep up. After about 5 minutes the handpiece stops working until pressure builds up again. Everything is new and just out of the box. Can anyone suggest a fix?

Cloudy

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Did you take the red cap off the compressor? That's to protect things in shipping (Don't ask how I know that can cause that problem...):rolleyes:

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
And if Cloudy's suggestion doesn't fix it, try adding an auxilary air tank to your system for more capacity. I don't think it's what you need, but you can get a 10-gallon air tank at the automotive / hardware store fairly cheaply. Then just add a 'T' fitting to the outlet from it and hook it into the line from your compressor to your machine. It'll take a bit to fill it the first time (or when you occasionally drain it) but under normal operations your compressor will run less often.

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Cloudy

Duh! Thank you guys. Cloudy's solution fixed the problem. I will remember the extra tank solution just in case I start running the compressor to much. I am now excited again. Off to graving! :chip:

Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I run two Gravermach ATs on one Sil-Air compressor. I seriously doubt you'll need an auxiliary tank. But I'm glad you got it working.

Joe Mason

Elite Cafe Member
I am glad you found out the problem. Just running a mach should not be a problem to the silent air at all. If you start using the high speed rotary it will have a hard time keeping up and you will need to stop so it can catch up. My son had a silent compressor that he was not using. I took it and wired the two together with a relay switch and now I never have a problem with waiting on the compressor. That was a really good deal for me.

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I run two Gravermach ATs on one Sil-Air compressor.
Wow, Sam
You are a duodextrous savant. Many of us have trouble operating one graver at a time. ;)

Sponsors