What does your spouse/significant other do?

JBrandvik

Elite Cafe Member
Laurie is a ranch forman, horse trainer and manure shoveler. Most of all she is an amazing friend and partner and an unwavering supporter of all my hair-brained schemes.

optmst

Hi Abigail,
I do think that creative people tend to be attracted to each other. I'm the engraver as well as a professional artist and my husband is a bladesmith.

AllanFink1960

My wife has a long resume crisscrossing several fields. Stock broker, bond trader, french chef, pastry chef, superhero, and goddess of the universe. In college she majored in voice and minored in classical concert piano...or was it the other way round? I forget. Lately she is in training for a triathalon, which is kind of a new thing for her. Anyway she is really cool and the perfect fit for me.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
pie chart

Well guys, it is just as I suspected. All engravers are married to multi-talented, smart, adorable women.;)
oh...and humble, too. Did I say humble?
Bwahahahaha :D
Cheers!
Abigail
P.S. Keep on posting please. Maybe I will make a pie chart.

make that an apple pie please !

webad2006

My wife Amber, used to work a ranch and train horses as well. These days though she is a substitute school teacher for grades K-8th. She is also very talented at art, mechanical things, even welding! But most of all she's a great wife, and mother.

david bain

Elite Cafe Member
My wife is a nurse now,8 years.Before she was a nurse she sewed smocking for children to help make ends meet.

Steve Adams

Elite Cafe Member
My better half works as an administrative assistant at a small medical clinic specializing in colon and rectal surgery among other things. Not a place you'd want to go !!!! One of the other things they do is breast surgery, so they affectionately and privately call themselves a T & A clinic.

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hey Abigail, if you can make old fashioned fried pies, I will say something really cool and complimentery. Apricot is one of my favorites!....... I messed around with a recipe that should have been so good that you would do anything for it. I just couldn' get the proportions right. Try this, take a very fresh peach, take a bite of that, then take a bite of one of those vanilla centered cookies and chew it all up together. The vanilla cookies are critical and you have to get the right kind with the right filling and I don't know what to tell you there but experiment with it a bit and if you come up with the right combination, you could become a millionare. They would be soooooooo good, but finding the right vanilla cookies and getting the dough proportions right. The dough always over powers the taste. Maybe a cobbler. I like those too.........................Ron S

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hey Ron, the ladies around here make some of the best fried pies you ever ate, mostly apple but also peach. Miss Mary is the exact opposite of me; she is very talented at organizing and in hand crafts, very methodical and extremely good with numbers (retired accountant) and ultra-conservative, doesn't take many chances on anything. I guess I broke her of that! I'm the artistic one, prone to experiment and am seldom satisfied with anything I do. I once painted a picture for her, and when she didn't frame it right away, I assumed she didn't like it and used it for a palette on my next project. Boy, was she mad....and she still throws that up when I do something stupid! She is a great lady and we have wonderful conversations daily. We're so different we always have different opinions on just about everything, except our faith. She is the rock that keeps our marriage steady and fun.

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
Janisse, (Ja-niece) is a Clerk-Administrator for Bluewater Municipality. Bluewater is sort of a super town
made of a lot of little towns, like Zurich. You could call her the head paper pusher or head bureaucrat.
This is real handy at tax time.

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hey Ron, I love fried pies too. Tried making'em myself too, but boy is the time and temp of the fry grease very critical to get a ahhhhh wonderful versus it's okay kindof pie.

As to the thread topic, this is what's posted on our website.
Rhonda was trained as a dental assistant as well as an orthodontic assistant and worked in those fields for a well known pediatric dentist in Chattanooga for almost 10 years. As Scott’s engraving demands grew along with a mutual desire for children, she gave up the hour long commute for a home job. She worked with Scott in his engraving business, doing everything from background removal to correspondence. As the airgun business blossomed in 1997, she became the manager and the bookkeeper along with answering the phones, answering questions and learning quite a lot along the way. In the summer of 2004, she turned over accounting responsibilities to Melissa so that she can spend more time homeschooling Forrest and Emily, who are presently 10 and 12. Rhonda also has a side business of her own, selling used books on the internet, a trade she learned from Mr. Potter. We are all avid readers and live in a very book rich environment and finding books that we want to part with is sometimes a chore. Rhonda also volunteers her time with Sewanee Youth Soccer Board. When not tending family or business matters, Rhonda enjoys cross-stitching and gardening and when the season is right, canning the gardening results. She also has a little herb garden over the kitchen sink, and uses it to create many fantastic culinary delights to the enjoyment of all in the household, whether family member or employee.

Hello Abigail

I'm writing to introduce myself, as I can't pry Jack out of his shop....Blade Show getting close.

My name is Pam, and I'm Jack's fiancee'. I am the assistant Human Resources Director with the the Sheriff's Office in Pasco County, Florida. I'm involved in some charitable organizations in our community and that, along with my career, helping Jack with his endeavors and keeping up with my new puppy (Mini American Eskimo) keeps me busy. I enjoy boating and fly fishing, and I do some drawing and painting when I have the time and am in the mood.

Jack is a real admirer of Sam and his work, which I also find absolutely beautiful, and he is really enjoying learning to engrave. I think He is doing some very good work, especially considering the short time that he has been doing it.

Thank you for asking about the "significant others" on the forum, and I very much look forward to meeting you at the Blade Show in Atlanta.

quickcut07

Elite Cafe Member
My wife believes she is very boring compared to what she has read on the wire here. I think not, she supports all my weird ideas. Drives her own Harley Davidson, likes shooting her handguns, reads and knits a lot. Oh in her spare time Monday to Friday she keeps the books for one of the main construction company's in our area. This really keeps the 500 to 600 employees happy each Thursday.

Abigail

Administrator
I'm writing to introduce myself, as I can't pry Jack out of his shop....Blade Show getting close.

My name is Pam, and I'm Jack's fiancee'.....................................................................................

Thank you for asking about the "significant others" on the forum, and I very much look forward to meeting you at the Blade Show in Atlanta.

Hi Pam,
Nice to meet you! Thank you for writing. I'm glad you guys are enjoying the forum. This has really been nice finding out what all of the other 'significant others' do. It looks like we all have a good bit in common. Looking forward to meeting you guys in person.
Cheers!
Abigail

Latest posts

Sponsors