What does your spouse/significant other do?

Abigail

Administrator
Like Tira, I have a curious streak. I'm wondering what kind of jobs your spouses hold.
I'm wondering if there is a common thread. Are they artistic as well? Sam describes my "day job" as
going house to house 'bending people'. Actually, it's called Physical Therapy. Evenings and weekends I sing and play guitar wherever they will let me. ;)
Cheers!
Abigail

Fred Bowen

Elite Cafe Member
My wife, Judy, is a senior programmer at Walgreens corporate & a photoshop wiz (buys those big, thick books and actually reads them). She also will sing and play guitar when the opportunity arises.

Jim-Iowa

Elite Cafe Member
Jo-Jo is an Administrative Assistant in the wearables order department of a Specialty Advertizing Company. They do have an engraving department.
Her day is consumed with Editing Embroidery tapes,determining needle counts and color matching thread for embroidered goods(the embroidered caps and clothing you see every day)and layout of the designs.
Yes I would say it requires creative talents and communication skills, to convince Sales People that what they are trying to achieve is not workable or they need to re-think the way they go about achieving their goal. Since I make my living in sales in another industry, I think she practices on me at home?

Last edited:

D.DOUGLAS

Elite Cafe Member
Shannon, Kindergarden teacher. Creative talents-she gets to make all these great little art projects for the kids. Sometimes I think she doesnt understand those late nights downstairs feeding the engraving monster! She is a great gal with very good handwriting. Hey, maybe i can talk her into doing some lettering layouts for me-not my favorite thing to do! Doug

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
roman catholic nun for 5 years. then a lay teacher in the catholic grade school till the school closed. then a medical aide at an institution for the mentally retarded in the state of pa. after all this, she still doesn't know what to do with me when company comes !

Norm

Malea is a Human Resources advisor for a safety supply company specializing in disability management. She has a background in conflict resolution/negotiation and mediation.......needless to say, I don't win too many arguments!

Swede

My wife is an engineer for Lockheed-Martin here in Ft. Worth, Texas. She has security clearances that are downright scary. "What did you do at work today, sweets?" "Can't tell you. I'd get thrown in jail." ;)

alfrisillo

Artist

My wife, Joey, is a pastel and oil artist. She is a member of an art gallery here in Tulsa called the Color Connection and is currently displaying several of her art pieces in the Art Center of the Ozarks as part of a three woman show. Check out here web site at www.joeyfrisillo.com. At the moment, she is attending a pastel convention in Alburquerque, NM leaving me, the vacuum cleaner and our four shedding labrador retrievers to fend for ourselves.

dclevinger

Elite Cafe Member
My wife, Darcy, is the Denver operations manager for one of the largest wholesalers of autographed sports memorabilia in the country. She's gotten to meet some very cool people over the years, Johnny U.( my favorite), Shaq, Apolo Ohno, Elway, Butkus, the list goes on and on. On a recent trip she spent some time with Vince Papale of the movie "Invincible" with Mark Wahlberg. What a great guy. And yes, our walls are covered with autographs. She's also the soon to be mother of our first child! David

Last edited:

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
When we met my wife Pam was a dispatcher for the Police/Sheriff Department. That way she got to tell me where to go and what to do all day long. After 15 years she decided she had enough of that fun and is now a sales rep for the local news paper. She and our daughters have all the artistic ability in the family.

Ranchman

Elite Cafe Member
Thank the good lord for people benders. Abigail I just finished my 9th month of fun filled in house PT. As they say what a hoot!
My Bride Tina, of 25 years is an RN. I can't say she's very artistic. Her passion is growing flowers. Specializing in orchids.
Jeff

Abigail

Administrator
Well guys, it is just as I suspected. All engravers are married to multi-talented, smart, adorable women.;)
oh...and humble, too. Did I say humble?
Bwahahahaha :D
Cheers!
Abigail
P.S. Keep on posting please. Maybe I will make a pie chart.

fjkratky

My wife works in Higher Education. She is the director of Advising at MSUB in Billings Montana. She is also very artistic, more so than Me! I got interested in engraving and took a class at GRS, the next couple of years we both took classes after that. Now if we both had time to do more engraving!

hmw

My wife is in money managment, somehow I manage to make it, and somehow, she manages to spend it....

Latest posts

Sponsors