All Around trophy bit

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
BitMaker,I used to enter Stonyford when I lived in Ca. Really nice country up there, most people don't even know where it is. I took a back way home one year it took about 4hrs to get to I-5, but got to see some really neat ranches. Nicely made bit. Do you forge the ends of your mouthpieces or weld an end on?

JoeCera

Elite Cafe Member
Very Nice bit!!!!!!!!
Did you studie at Miller Bit And Spur In Nampa Idaho?
It looks as the style that Elmer miller Thought
Joe Cera

Steve223

Elite Cafe Member
Very nice Santa Barbara bit !! is there a cricket under the hood?
I have a fasanation with those Calaforina style bits. I have a question for you, Do you get many requests for Mission Bits with the traditional spade mouth in them? It seems i am getting asked about them alot more in the last few years.
Bitmaker thanks for posting the pics i could sit around look at bits and spurs all day!
Steve

bitmaker

Thanks for the nice comments.I used to enter Sonyford years ago too. Thats was why I enjoyed making the bit so much. I won the all around there once in the 80's. As far as school, I wish I had been taught, but had to figure out most of this myself. I did watch Jerimiah Watts video on bit and spur making. There is a cricket I made out of cold roll and inlayed with copper.On the ens of the mouth peice , I do weld the ends on the loose jawed bits. Here is a picture of a spade I made last winter.

Steve223

Elite Cafe Member
Thats a nice bit also!! a Moon bit is the next one im going to build for myself.....and i might get it done before i die lol. I have a pair of spurs that i am bulding for myself that have been started for over a year.