Vertical Script Font

Kelly Parkes

I am looking to find a specific vertical script font. Anyone know where I can get this specific alphabet?

Attachments

• Side 2 Vertical Script Font-800 pixels.jpg
    Side 2 Vertical Script Font-800 pixels.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 362

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
BE WARY OF THE FONT BROS CO. I USE COREL V 11. I BOUGHT 2 FONT SETS FROM THEM. the sets don't function properly IN corelV 11. NOT ONLY THAT, THEIR COMPANY HAS AVOIDED 2 ATTEMPTS ON MY PART TO send me a fix for the problem or a refund of my money. let the buyer beware !

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
Font.

Hi Kelly,

I have it!..... BUT I do not want to share it!:mad: :D

No... NO! It was a bad joke. The problem is that mine it is not really a TTF font. It is part of a font package of one of my machines and the only way to have it out of the machine software is exporting it in any of the permitted file format available in the software also.
I may export it in a DXF format and then import it in a CorelDRAW. Then it would be possible to export the file again, but this time from Corel that have a lot of different format to choose from.

Anyway you will have the letters in a vector format, no in a TTF format, so you will not be able to type what you want from the keyboard. You should to copy and paste the letters each time you need one of they.

I am attaching a sample exported in a JPG format to show to you the typos.

PM me your e-mail address and the format of your choice and I will be glad of sending it to you.:)

Best regards, Leonardo.

Attachments

• MONOGRAMS_SCRIPT.jpg
    MONOGRAMS_SCRIPT.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 269

Kelly Parkes

Hi Leonardo. My email address is kparkes@shaw.ca I am usually good with a .jpg extension. If I am to copy and paste each letter each time, that is what I am doing now with the A to Z letters I have now. What I need to do often and can't do by copying and pasting (only can do by typing on the keyboard) is to bring the letters closer together in an interlocking position, where the letters are a bit overlapping one another. I cannot interlock the letters when I copy and paste, as it blocks the letters from showing on the sides. Part of the side of each letter disappears.

Is there a way to import whatever letters I need in Corel Draw 8 and be able to manipulate the imported individual letters to interlock to each other without having part of the letters disappear?

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Kelly,
Yes, there is a way to do that job when you import a letter or any graphic in a photographic format.
You should to edit the bitmap inside Corel; this option will open the Corel PhotoPaint program, and then inside it, cut out the background and save it again. Unfortunately I have my software in its Spanish version, so I am not able to give you better directions because I have not the menus tittles and options in English.
Anyway I will send to you the file saved in two vector format and you will be able to do with it what you need.
Cheers, Leonardo.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Kelly, these are probably not the fonts you are looking for, but this is what I have.
I can put them on line if you are interested.

Arnaud

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I did a quick search and found a Vertical Script font called 'Famous Label' here

One called 'Mama Script' here

Use the search string "font vertical script" and you'll get plenty of hits - including this thread. ;)

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I got a good case of eye-burn looking through 10,000 fonts for you last night. I can't find that exact font anywhere. Too bad Leonardo's font isn't True Type font as that's the closest one I've seen.

Andrew Biggs

Leonardoes upright script would be the nicest I've ever seen.

Just about all upright scripts are too modern and don't look quite right. They're also not true scripts but variations loosley put under the script heading. 99.9% of scripts by their very nature are supposed to be in italics.

You'll also find just about nothing in the free fonts on the internet but may have a better success in a pay font library.....................or you could beg Leonardo to send his one (or make it downloadable on the forum)to you and use it in Corel/Illustrator type programs :D

Cheers
Andrew

Kelly Parkes

Hey DakotaDocMartin. You are hilarious. Great sense of humour and even more so, above and beyond the call of duty, I would say. Thank you so much for your very kind efforts in spending all that time in looking for my desired vertical script font. Yes, I also wish Leonardo's font is a true type font but it is not. It would be so good. Leonardo mentions that he edits the bitmap through Corel Photo Paint and re-saves it as another document. Wow, I want to learn that. That would work at least. I am not a very skilled Corel Draw user, but I want to learn that method that Leonardo is uing. I am using Corel Draw 8.

I called it a vertical script font because it is a script that is not slanted at all. Just straight up and down. That's the way I was trying to describe the font to give a better picture of what I meant.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Some of you asked for the TTF font of the Flemisch and other fonts of the example I posted in this tread.

I have put a zip file on-line that you can download. If you print the example, you have the names of the fonts and how they look like.

"removed the link"

arnaud

Last edited:

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
Fonts.

Dear Engraver’s Café friends,

I am posting this lines because I do not want that you feel I am egoist in anyway.
What happen is that I am very respectful with the concepts of property an specially with intellectual property rights.
That font belong to a 25 fonts package (priced about 300 euros) that I bought eight years ago for one of my machines and, although I am licensed for the use of these fonts I cannot distribute it.
Furthermore, the fact of sending only the caps letters in a vector format may constitute an agreement infringement, although it would be send to a couple of friends and for their own use.
I would really love to be able to share this font and many many others with you, but I cannot without falling in that infringement.

In the other hand, I was studding the font and I think that I would be able to make some variations to improve the interweaving potential and develop a new font similar to this and make it available for you. Anyway developing a font is a huge job that involve a lot of concepts like the kerning, to name only one, and it is no my specially at all; but I think that I can draw only the capital letters and save this characters in a TTF format.
This will not be a true font but I think that would be useful for engraving initial purpose.
This is not a promise because although I know something about I am not a typographer, but I will give it a try.;)

By the way, to those of you who have any Corel version, you can look for the FONT folder into the installations CD. There you can find hundreds of fonts that bring with the software but they are not installed with the default installation option. To do this you should select the custom installation option or look for that folder and install the fonts when ever you want utilizing the Bitstream Font Navigator (a Corel utility) or from the Control Panel FONT utility (Windows).:)

Cheers, Leonardo.

Dan Grubaugh

Arnaud....are you out there?

Hello Arnaud! A while back you posted a link to a file of fonts....is it still out there or available? Looking for different script and "fancy" block style fonts. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Dan

Latest posts

Sponsors