We're Going to Georgia this weekend!

Abigail

Administrator
We're going to be near Marietta, Georgia this weekend. We're going to a concert with my son and a friend. We will be there by Saturday morning Dec. 2nd and leaving Monday morning Dec 4th. I think we have some Georgia members!
Does anyone want to meet for 'real' coffee somewhere?
Abigail and Sam

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Count me in, I'll buy the coffee. Who's playin' and where? If it's Bluegrass and you guys don't tell me about it I'll be sore.:D

I work in Marietta at the "bomber plant".

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Abigail do post where you'll be. A friend of mine lives in Woodstock he's a Chiropractor. I'm sure he would love to go if I can tell him where.
I heard the Devil went do to Georgia and he's lookin for a soul to still.

Sorry I couldn't resist.
Mike

Abigail

Administrator
Tim,
Great! But, beware, I love the very expensive coffee.
It's not a bluegrass concert unfortunately. It's a group called "Rockapella". I've only heard short sound clips on their website. They sing a cappella. The bass singer sounds just like a smooth bass player and there is a guy that does rhythm making those strange noises vocally. I'm a huge fan of tight vocal harmonies, and also of Georgia. So, here we come.
Can you suggest the coffee shop, and we'll start making plans!
Thanks,
Abigail P.S. Are you a musician?

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The lady speaks untruths, Mike. She plays and sings beautifully, shame Sam ruins it with that BAN-JOw thang! (Only kidding Sam:p , you two are great together.)

all the best and have a nice time,
Marcus

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Abigail,

May I say that you are as pretty as your name. (also my Grandmothers name) I do play different instruments and sometimes it is sorry to my ears anyway.

I'll have an answer on the coffee shop around here today, I don't like maxwell house either, (insert "yuck" smilie here).

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Tim,
Great! But, beware, I love the very expensive coffee.
It's not a bluegrass concert unfortunately. It's a group called "Rockapella". I've only heard short sound clips on their website. They sing a cappella. The bass singer sounds just like a smooth bass player and there is a guy that does rhythm making those strange noises vocally. I'm a huge fan of tight vocal harmonies, and also of Georgia. So, here we come.
Can you suggest the coffee shop, and we'll start making plans!
Thanks,
Abigail P.S. Are you a musician?

You mean like this? Listen to them and tell me why I get choked up every time I hear them do this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdOj3luBLuQ

By the way, there is a coffee shop on the square in Marietta if that's where you're staying.

Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Abigail,

May I say that you are as pretty as your name. (also my Grandmothers name)

Tim: She's gorgeous...here's Abigail performing at a local music show a couple of weeks ago.

(photo by her adoring husband)

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Great pic Sam, such expressive eyes. What kind of F-5 is she playing?
I think you and I both got lucky in the wife department.:) Cheers.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Thanks Tim. That's a 1927 Gibson F5 Loar that belonged to her grandfather.
Not really...it's a 2004 Johnson mandolin she absconded from her brother's music store. :D

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I got as far as the 1927 part and started feeling my heart thumping a bit harder. You almost had me till you said Loar then I knew you were pullin' my leg. You know the last of them were in 24 and early 25 (un-signed)

I'm going out to finish that "DS" thing I was working on and if we meet this weekend for java I'll show it to you, but only if you're willing. If you don't want any mention of "shop" that'll be fine too.

Abigail

Administrator
Hi Tim,
I watched the video on youtube. I really enjoyed that. Good Stuff! Thanks for the link.
Today we reserved our cabin in Cherry Log, GA. We're going to stay there Friday and Saturday night and drive back to Kennesaw on Sunday morning. (The concert is Sunday night). We could meet you for coffee on Sunday afternoon if that is good for you. Be sure to bring your wife.
If you are closer to Cherry Log and that is more convenient for you, we could meet on Saturday somewhere. We're flexible.
Thanks,
Abigail

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sounds good, I'll email you about it. I'm thinking about that concert too. I looked them up at work today but there were no speakers to hear the samples on. It looks interesting.

Abigail

Administrator
I've never seen them before. I've only watched some short video clips on their website. I usually listen to country/bluegrass and this is definitely not either one of those. I hope it's a good show! Let me know if you decide to go and I'll tell you where our seats are. I think it's a 'holiday' show.
Abigail

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I saw that and wondered if it was just going to be Christmas music. I PM'd you I hope it went through. I'll stay on here a while for the reply.

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Abigail,
Just curious. Does Sam clean up well when you take him to those fancy places? How about the finger nails and flat black paint on the thumbs?:D

Latest posts

Sponsors