A note about FLOW by Leonardo

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
Hi all!

I would like to talk a bit about the FLOW and also a related concept that is the TANGENT.
Of course this post is not intended to all of you but I think that may help some beginners.

The flow implies no abrupt changes of directions so, if you want to attach a scroll to another the point of joining should be tangent to the curves.
There is no other way to leave a rotational movement smoothly. You can feel and experiment this principle in any moment. If you tie a weight to a rope and spin it a bit and then release the rope, the object will leave the rotational movement in a tangent direction to the curve that it was following. You can feel this physically when you are driving your car (even better in a motorcycle :)) in a route at the time of turning a curve… your body want to follow in a strait direction.

A line, to be tangent to a curve, should not intersect that curve in more than a single point so you can verify that prolonging the line to see if it cut the curve in other point. A simple ruler will be helpful to do that.

I hope this helps a bit to keep your scrolls flowing… tangent!:)
All the best to all,
Leonardo.

Attachments

• Flow_1.jpg
    Flow_1.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 704
  • Flow_2.jpg
    Flow_2.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 692
  • Flow_3.jpg
    Flow_3.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 697