Reno 2010

Mike Dubber

Elite Cafe Member
I was proud to stand on stage Saturday evening (January 23) with Barry Lee Hands, Lee Griffiths and Denis Reece to accept awards in the FEGA Engraving Competitions for 2010.
Every entry at the show deserved credit - American Engravers are producing some of the best work the world has to offer and the friendly competition is most difficult to judge. Every entry was a winner, and those of us who were there at the beginning could not have imagined that work of such quality and diversity could be possible.
I was fortunate to take the GRS Artistic Uniqueness Award with my Colt Sheriff's Model Gambler. I also received the Engravers Choice Award of Merit with the Tatonka Colt.
Mike Dubber

Last edited:

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Congratulations Mike! That Gambler is simply gorgeous. Easy to see why it would win awards.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Big congratulations, Mike! My only regret is not being able to really spend some time at your display. You're rockin' the engraving world :beerchug:

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Congrats on your awards. They were only the tip of what you deserved. You make us proud to even know you and your works. Thanks a heap.

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I would say, very well deserved, Mike!

Thank you for your generous co-operation in Reno, when I was taking some informal photos to give others a sense of the show. Within the hour I hope to post about 300 pictures here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/rodcameron2/

My fear is that I might post a picture that does not clearly represent the engravers' excellent work, but it is worth a try, as it will give distant colleagues a taste of the show.
Thank you also for adding to my growing set of castings for study!

Good to be with you !

Rod

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks for the pictures Rod, I would like to have been there, with the pictures its almost as I was there with all of you. Glad it went good for everyone.

Dwayne

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Rod. I am envious.

My God, all of the mirrors. That looks confusing. Looks like there was plenty of light.

How did you like the new location?

Ron S

Mike Dubber

Elite Cafe Member
Mirrors!!

Ron:

Yes, there were lots of mirrors - on Friday morning I was running around looking for Rex, I saw him coming, headed that way and ran straight into a mirror. Another time I met myself coming around a corner!!??

Really,The Nugget is a great hotel and the exhibit hall has large windows around three sides. On Staurday evening the banquet was served table-side - and it was the best meal we ever had for the auction.

Sorry you were not there - be sure to come next year, we missed you guys.

filbertius

Elite Cafe Member
They are loaded with mirrors - and a lot are at 90 degree angles, so you are constantly walking toward yourself. The hall to the parking garage is especially reminiscent of the ole "house of mirrors" at the carnival.

The only complaint I heard is that there are so many windows in the display area that it was hard to get the right light for photos.

Gary

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
congrats, of course- but i think all your work is deserving of an award. everything i see of yours has a "fresh" or a new look to it. not a rubber stamp type look about it.

Latest posts

Sponsors