Best engraved Handgun Award at Reno 2010

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you my friends. . . .

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Congratulations Barry! Were those 'nails part of the project:big grin: Pretty FANCY.:tiphat:

filbertius

Elite Cafe Member
Usually I say how much better it looked in person, but you were using a different holder when I saw it at the show... :beerchug:
Gary

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Way cool! I especially like the contrast between the gold and the silver looking leaves. Wish I could have seen it in person, and perhaps the pistol stand also. Thanks for sharing, Seth

Last edited:

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Great Pistol, and a great display as well, Barry had two flashlights under Rampant Colt statues pointing at the revolving 1908 so that pearl handles were luminescing as the gun rotated.

Very informative and interesting seminar as well, but the last bit was perfect and over the top!! Hopefully someone will post some pics of it.

Last edited:

ED DELORGE

Elite Cafe Member
Hello Barry, That is simply beautiful, and the gun looks good too.

I have a question for you. Those gold overlays, do you prepare the metal like the belgiums do their overlays (also like Meek shows in his book)? Are you using sheet gold or wire for those big leaves? How thick are the overlay?

Thanks again for letting us see this job fit for a king.

Ed DeLorge

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ed man, ya should a been at the seminar! He covered it all.

Great to see you and Carrie ballroom dancing. Ya'll need to come to the Engrave-In this year and visit the inlaws

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks folks, Ed, I don't recall the Meek books stuff on overlays, but it is similar to what I have seen in some Belgian methods.
The gold is .004 inch.
Dmitry, here yah go. . . .

Last edited: