First post of my work

Bunic

Elite Cafe Member
Ron Nott, my coach, said I should share my beginnings of drawings and engraving. (What a sense of humor this man has!) So here are a few, please let me know what is needed:

I am not able to do any real transfers, so most of these were drawn on the practice plate, particularly the bulino, which I know is really out of proportion.

Attachments

• Scroll1.jpg
    Scroll1.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 247
  • Scroll2.jpg
    Scroll2.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 255
  • Scroll3.jpg
    Scroll3.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 244
  • Scroll4.jpg
    Scroll4.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 285
  • Bulino1.jpg
    Bulino1.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 292

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
now guys you are being too nice to Mike , after he show me these work plates I made him graw 10 pages of scroll .. and for home work he had to draw and cut 3 plates of scroll .. I wonder if he will show up for class next week , I once gave Chris some advise on his work , he hasnt called me back in 3 years .. Ron p

samf

Bunic looks pretty good so far. I think i've went through a couple reams of paper so far and i'm still not very good at drawing.

Ron your tough, wow.:big grin:
and BTW. Chris called me tonight.:beerchug:

Bunic

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks all for looking and commenting. Without criticism I'd just keep doing the same dumb things. Ron IS tough!!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i think he is simply demanding you do your best. that's not being tough. this is a very demanding, multi-faceted endeavor to assume command of. one day he wants to look at your work with pride, and say, " i taught that guy how to engrave".

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
There's nothing wrong with 'tough love' as they say. Ron is right and the scroll needs quite a bit of refinement. The first thing I notice is that the lines which form the elements and leaves inside the body of the spiral all connect to the backbone which is incorrect. You should be able to follow the entire body of the spiral without it being interrupted by the leaf cuts. If I get time I'll post an example of what i'm talking about. We just got home from Reno and I have a lot to do today.

Hang in there, Mike!

~Sam

Bunic

Elite Cafe Member
Tough Love is one thing, but making me do push ups, bring in firewood and slapping my knuckles for each poor drawing are a bit much!! (Although I am getting much stronger!)

Sam, I look forward to your examples! Tnx!

Latest posts

Sponsors