Titanium ring engraving

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I tried something else. Using Sam Alfano transfer wax I have draw the design under the microscope with a H9 pencil and then engraved it.
I still needs to shade it, that is for later.

As it is a ring I tried to make a rotating image of it.
Comments are welcome

arnaud

here is a link to a rotating vieuw if you like
http://www.juwelenarnaud.be/clipart/ringgravuregif.gif

Last edited:

hybridfiat

Very well executed Arnaud.
Tell us, what are the dimensions?
Did you turn the ring from a solid?
I work on a nickel mine and refinery in the aussie desert and we use 16mm Ti nuts or Ti welding rods to make rings. When I get my next ring completed Ill post.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you Gary, Stewart, Pater and Fiat.
The dimensions for this lady wedding ring is 10mm wide, diameter 17mm high of the profile 1,7 mm
This Ti ring I just bought one, Mostly I make them myself by forming a Ti plate and then welding it.

arnaud

Bunic

Elite Cafe Member
Arnaud,

Really nice work! Do you have any closeups of the edge work? I can't make it out from these shots. Nice job on the animated gif! Photoshop??

Mike

Montejano

Elite Cafe Member
Arnaud friend:

The titanium engraving looks very good, I like the design, although I would not have left a few holes and hope to see it done with the shading.
I am with several engraving projects in titanium, but with my technique of "etching". Titanium is very suitable for engraving, it's just a personal opinion.

Thanks for showing friend Arnaud work.:beerchug::beerchug:

Antonio
-------------

Amigo Arnaud :

Ese grabado en titanio se ve muy bien , me agrada el diseño , aunque yo no hubiera dejado algunos huecos ; espero verlo terminado con el sombreado .
Yo estoy con varios proyectos de grabado en titanio , pero con mi técnica del " aguafuerte " . El titanio es muy adecuado para grabar , es simplemente una opinión personal .

Gracias amigo Arnaud por mostrar el trabajo .

Antonio

kcstott

The few Ti rings I've made (none engraved) were turned from solid bar stock.
Scrap round stock can be had pretty cheep.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Arnaud friend:

The titanium engraving looks very good, I like the design, although I would not have left a few holes and hope to see it done with the shading.
I am with several engraving projects in titanium, but with my technique of "etching". Titanium is very suitable for engraving, it's just a personal opinion.

Thanks for showing friend Arnaud work.:beerchug::beerchug:

Antonio
-------------

Amigo Arnaud :

Ese grabado en titanio se ve muy bien , me agrada el diseño , aunque yo no hubiera dejado algunos huecos ; espero verlo terminado con el sombreado .
Yo estoy con varios proyectos de grabado en titanio , pero con mi técnica del " aguafuerte " . El titanio es muy adecuado para grabar , es simplemente una opinión personal .

Gracias amigo Arnaud por mostrar el trabajo .

Antonio

Thank you for your comment Antonio my friend,
indeed there are some holes in the design, but I think one can't see the whole design at the same time, it does not mather that much.
I will show the final stage when I have shaded it.

arnaud

Latest posts

Sponsors