Femme Fatale and Liberty scroll

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
Here are a couple I have done recently. This first one is Femme Fatale (lady death) This knife had a real dark feel to it. So hence the theme, however I wanted it to have some beauty opposed to grotesque. In any case, don't go into the light, although she is pretty, so maybe it is ok after all.

This one is a blend of two styles. I like the Liberty style the best in grey scale, and the Florid Victorian looks good in all gold. So this worked well, being I could keep the styles distinctly separate and use the classic style to frame the modern, without the risk of the two melding into one weird conglomeration.
Headed for Reno tomorrow, and will see you that are going there. Thanks for taking a look.

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very nice work Brian. The new owners will have something they sure can be proud of. The roses add a beautiful touch and look great.

Last edited:

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Damn it Brian! Did you make any "special arrangements" with that dude in the black cloak so you could get so good, so fast! Your sense of design and your engraving skills just keep increasing exponentially. I hope you're bringing both of these beauties to Reno.

Mark

nhcowboy1961

Elite Cafe Member
Work like this is what never ceases to amaze me and thrill me as to what the human spirit and hands are capable of. Imagine what we could accomplish in two lifetimes, but i dare say you've crammed three in with your work-thanks for inspiring :)
Paul

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Both killer pieces. Of the two I prefer the bottom one. Excellent work, Brian.

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam must be getting old,senile or something:beat up::beat up: cause they are both fantastic.I am sure you can guess which one I prefer.:big grin::banana::big grin:
Brian, you da man!!!!!:thumbs up::thumbs up:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors