Afterthought

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I mentioned this on another thread, but thought I might ought to put it on a seperate one, so here goes.

I am having to cancel my trip to Reno this year. Liz's Mom is struggling for her life, and it is back and forth to the hospital. She is 88 years old and has a lot of problems that we are not sure she will get over.

Also, my email is all screwed up, so I knew the word would get out on this forum, and everyone would understand why I wasn't there.

Anyway, Liz and I will miss you guys.

See you down the road or whenever.

Ron S

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I will miss the two of you Ron. Diane and I wish both of you all the best and will catch up with you when things settle down. Give Liz a hug for me.
marty

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ron, Lisa and I send you our thoughts and prayers. You are two of our favorites. See you down the trail.
Lee

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Ron,
Sorry to here that you wont be in Reno. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Sandy

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ron,
My best to you and the family! I'm in LA right now waiting to head to Reno.
It won't be the same with out you and Liz but I sure understand.
Rex

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ron,

Sorry to hear you won't be in Reno and of your mother-in-law's illness. I'll unpack those Ron Smith books I wanted autographed and wait until our next meeting.

My best wishes and prayers,

Roger

WDA

Our best wishes , thoughts , and prayers are sent your way for your mother.
Gods blessings be with you as you go through this trying time.

Bill & Marlene Albers

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I'm sorry to hear about Liz's mom, Ron. My mother is 86. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers. / ~Sam

nhcowboy1961

Elite Cafe Member
Sorry to hear about Liz's Mom Ron, they're the most treasured people on the planet! I hope things work out as well as can be expected under the circumstances and I'll pray for the best.
Paul

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Dear Liz and Ron.

You are doing the right thing, and yes, you will be missed in Reno. Parents give us the gift of life, and although anguish for their well being often is mixed in with our love for them, when possible our presence can make a difference. We will carry your hearts here with us in our hearts.

Rod

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ron,

Liz's mom is blessed to have you and Liz close during her health trials. We will indeed miss you in Reno. I've particularly enjoyed your "philosophizing" during the "show and tell" period on Mondays after the formal presentations. It has always been a pleasure to sit and gab with you. It's given me a better appreciation of the more recent history of engraving in America and how lucky we are today with the unflagging dissemination of engraving information available to us.

Till next year,

Mark

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sorry to hear of your mother in law's health issues Ron.

I hope everything works out for the best under the circumstances.

Regards

Mike Fennell

Elite Cafe Member
Ron,
I am sorry for Liz's mom and sorry that you will have to cancel Reno this year. You and your family are in our prayers. Your post prompted me to call my 92-year old parents again at their farm, to make sure they are ok.

I am sorry you will not be at Reno this year. I remember that I had the good fortune of sitting next to you at breakfast on Monday last year and chatting about important things like bowhunting, bow building, business etc., and wishing I had brought your books along for an autograph. I was looking forward to renewing our conversation, but it can wait. You must first take care of your family and yourself.

I hope to see you and Liz again soon.

Mike Fennell

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks guys n gals for your support and prayers, and I'll see you sometime down the road.

Ron S

Sponsors