New Vice from John Rohner

Emily.Dale

My dad (Scott) thought I should post this...
John Rohner gave me his vice, so I could use it. :)
I haven't had a chance to use it yet, I'm hoping to get it set up today, and finish up the ring I'm working on for a friend.

I really like it, it's got all the pieces to use for different plates, and rings! :big grin:

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Hi Emily,
You've got a very special vise there with some great provenance.
Hope you enjoy using it, it will serve you well.
Your old jockey friend.

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I was real honored that he offered to send his vise to Emily so she would'nt have to share mine. I am photographing his final masterpiece today, that he finished a few weeks ago, and finally has had to face his good vision is gone. I will have the gun out at FEGA for those that want to see

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
That was a wonderful gift to a lovely young lady from a great engraver and gentleman.
I bet Emily was nearly as thrilled as if she had been given a champion show jumper.
That vise is in good hands going forward.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Scott & Emily,

If John doesn't already have his name engraved somewhere on the vise, I hope you will do it to establish it's provenance for the future.

Roger

Cody

Elite Cafe Member
Well I'll be dibbled in donkey dung, I've had that accessory set for my magnablock for almost 20 years and never could figure out what that aluminum wedge thing was for :beat up:. never claimed to be the sharpest graver in the set:(. Thanks for posting.

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I hope you will do it to establish it's provenance for the future.
Just wondering. If someone other than the original owner engraves "his" name on the item, would it not be considered a spurious signature thereby detracting from its provenance?

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
Thats a great gift Emily, Seeya at the engrave-in and get together something I can help you sell to help all the great engravers this year...
Best from Jerry and Joan