Engraved Cinch Buckles

nhcowboy1961

Elite Cafe Member
Hi guys, I thought I'd post a pic or two of my latest cinch buckles custom made for a saddle maker. These are a lot more engraved than my normal style of work. The bright cutting I learned form Diane Scalese at GRS a year or two back, I'm catching on :) These are steel buckles I cut on my band saw with stainless steel roller bars, lots of bright cut silver, T's in silver and brass, and finally copper flowers with domed brass centers. Lots of fun on these but to be honest I'm glad they're completed now. I learned after having too much silver flow from under the domed brass center before, to wriggle engrave around to clear it away with a #38 flat; happily it makes the center stand out better with more depth so I do that now by default-one of those happy accidents that lead to a better way.
Paul
PS: Before Diane's Western bright cut course none of this would have been possible for me, it still floors me how much fun bright cutting is and I nearly am saddened when I'm finished, I could go all day :)

Attachments

• TT-Cinch-1.jpg
    TT-Cinch-1.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 160
  • TT-Cinch-2.jpg
    TT-Cinch-2.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 115

CJ Tate

Elite Cafe Member
I really like the color contrast between the different metals. the steel base shows your your engraving on the other metals very nicely. Great design and engraving. :thumbs up:

Latest posts

Sponsors