Heads up on my progress!

MICHAEL

Elite Cafe Member
I just wanted to let everyone know that I am still studying, drawing, and engraving. I never would have believed that I could draw. I've always liked the look of the boxing Italian Lions and the German Eagle. I have been drawing both using Mr. Meeks pictures as models (I haven't had good luck drawing from memory). I did however change the look of the lion to make him look fiercer through use of sharper edges, with long sharp claws and shade lines to convey movement. I could not be where I am now without everyone's help.
I took pictures with my kodak easyshare G613 (cheap, yea I know I need a better one) digital camera but I could not figure out how to get the images on my computer. I darkened them with flat black paint as our benovelent benefactor Sam has instructed.
I am still having trouble with scrolls but I know I will get better with practice. I have Ron Smith's Drawing and Understanding Scroll Design which is helping. I also bought Don Glasers DVD on Engraving Methods and Techniques. This was immensely helpful. The folks at GRS have been there for me also. It's really helpful when you can pick up the phone when you're stuck instead of wasting valuable time trying to reinvent the wheel.
Again, I just wanted to let everyone know how I was doing and that I appreciate all of your help. Thanks! Time to get back to engraving!

Sponsors