Hand engraved thingy!!!

mbroder

Elite Cafe Member
I'm not really sure what this is, but I was asked to set some diamonds and engrave an intertwined ribbon around the surface. It's white and pink gold...it might be a pendant...or perhaps a watch bezel...I don't think it's a ring...what do you think it is???

Attachments

• P1012273edit.jpg
    P1012273edit.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 273

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Some guys have pretty big fingers - I actually have one ring I bought that's technically meant as a scarf ring.

But this ring seems far to fine for anyone with a finger big enough for it. You didn't say what the diameter is but I'm guessing it's around 1" or so?

Could be a pendant - I have seen them with the chain simply passed through as well as with a cord tied in a lark's head (more likely with this one they'd pass the chain through it).

It could be something like a scarf ring. The intertwined design and fine jewlery quality makes me think it could be for something like a wedding ceremony where it would be used to hold something rolled up.

If you ever find out what it's for, please let us know.

Whatever it is, I'd say it's a darn fine one! :thumbs up:

quickcut07

Elite Cafe Member
Can't help you as to what it is or is not. Marcus has brought up a very humorous product description though. I will say, what you have done to it certainly adds a lot beauty to the item. Great job !:thumbs up:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i know exactly what that is. in the trade, that is known as a "gismochyflex". don't believe me ? google it. educate yourselves !

diandwill

Elite Cafe Member
Years ago I made flat thingy, 3/4" wide. 16ga or so out of 1 oz of 14k gold, rolled it and fused it. Many thought that it was as Marcus described, but it actually ws a weight band for my wife's pool cue. It put an extra ounce all the way at the butt.

Latest posts

Sponsors