www.handengraversguild.org

truehand

Hi Everyone,

I talked with Jason a while back and offered to help get the Hand Engravers Guild website off the ground. The beginnings/makings of our guild site is up and running at www.handengraversguild.org :banana:
I'm not a pro at website development but I do have some experience and will do the best I can.
That said, I can use all the help I can get, so if you can offer any skills/experience with websites, especially PHP/MySQL, please contact me. I'd like to set up a small committee of 'web guys/gals' to work with. We should also set up a group of editors if anyone would like to volunteer to head that up?
The website so far is based on a template so you'll see some fake text in places where we'll have to plug in our own wording. For those who know a bit about these things, its a Joomla (www.joomla.org) CMS (Content Management System) built on PHP scripting with a MySQL database backend. (Just like this forum)

Obviously, the site has a long way to go yet but the 'member registration' is fully functional so you can create an account and log in.
Once you've logged in you will see a private 'member menu' that has some links for Blog entries, Gallery uploads, Contacts, and a private forum for discussing all things 'Guild' (it's not going to be a forum like this one, rather, just for "Guild building" discussion)
Don't forget to sign up for the newsletter.

We are in need of 'beta testers' so feel free to poke around all you like and report any glitches, problems, ideas, suggestions etc. to me via the private guild forum or email david@truehand.com

Please keep in mind that anything you post, publish or upload may get lost(probably not) at this early stage of development. But don't be shy, post away, just remember to keep a copy on your own computer if you compose a large blog post or article.

yours,
David
(705)426-1156

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Yellow letters on white background tough to read on my computer. It looks like things are moving.

jfava

Dave your doing a great job!

... we should probably put some copy write free floral designs in the background though.... lol or just some stuff other then mine. lol

Dude your doing an awsome job and your a major asset to us all. :thumbs up:

The site looks sharp and certainly has a lot of potential. You guys have got a lot of work done since the initial conception. Who is going to head up the editors? I can write a little, but couldn't run the show.

Latest posts

Sponsors