New Year's Resolution

DevilDog

As you can tell by my join date, I have been a long time benefactor of this fine engraving forum. This however, is my first post. My interest in engraving started after visiting a local spur maker's workshop. I have been hooked since. I have also had a introduction lesson from a well known spur maker is Tucson. Now when I lay my tired little head down at night I don't count sheep, I think of scrolls and designs that I would like to engrave someday. I have slowly been acquiring my engraving tools. (having six kids slows things up a bit) Christmas brought me a power hone and a fixture. I am now "tooled up" and ready to start my journey on the engraving road. I am scheduled to take an engraving class at GRS in May with Mr. Alfano. I am hoping that 2010 is a year of doing instead of just wishing. So, my 2010 engraving resolution is to become skilled enough to engrave and post a picture of one of those darn designs that rattles around in my head. Thanks again for all that is shared on this forum and Happy New Year to all of you.

Bunic

Elite Cafe Member
Devil Dog - Welcome aboard!

I am also a very newbie and have had the pleasure of learning and listening to this herd of amazing artists and wannabes. (I most assuredly fall into the latter category!!)

I'm blessed to not only have Ron P. as my most-capable guide, but to have him in very near proximity. This site is truly a latter-day miracle for both neophyte and accomplished artisan! I look forward to traveling this exciting road together!

Mike

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Devildog, where is your location in southern Az? Who is the "well known spurmaker" that you had the lesson with?

Good Luck

Good luck to you! Although I went to Emporia a few years ago, I have just started attending gun shows. The experience is still so new and strange I almost make myself sick before I go to shows worrying about all the details. But on the trip home, I almost feel like I could do anything. The people you meet and things you see are amazing. I have never had so much fun. Welcome and have a safe trip.

Denny

Elite Cafe Member
Welcome Devil Dog -

Your journey into the spurmaking and engraving path is one I am on as well. With time, focus and practice it will come. It is a wonderful, facinating journey and this site is one of the best resources to help you progress faster. -Denny