C-Max gravers

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Maxim from the Alexandre toolshop in Antwerp told me GRS will stop making the “newâ€￾ C-Max gravers at different angles.
They will only make the C-Max blanks 90°.
I have some C-Max that have a cylinder part. These gravers are okay but the blank one that came with Chris Bulino DVD is a blank square and fits better in the dual angle as the cylinder part is a bit too long in my opinion.

But if this is true and some of you like the “pre chappedâ€￾ C-Max, it is time to order them.

As I said, I prefer the blank one that is also a thinner, I hope GRS won’t stop making these.

Perhaps one of you can clear this out?

Arnaud

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I spoke to Glendo about this and it is not true. They are not discontinuing any of the C-Max gravers.

They have 3 different C-Max blanks. There is the 2mm square, the 3/32 square and the 1/8" round blanks (this refers to the shank size and shape). There are no shapes (other than the square blank shape) available in the square shanks for C-Max. They have 75, 90, 105, 120 degree C-Max V-Points available from stock in the 1/8" round C-Max shanks. These C-Max V gravers have a square reference ground on the top of the round shanks to fit the Dual Angle fixture.

Cheers / ~Sam

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
They have 75, 90, 105, 120 degree C-Max V-Points available from stock in the 1/8" round C-Max shanks. These C-Max V gravers have a square reference ground on the top of the round shanks to fit the Dual Angle fixture.

Thank you Sam for clearing this out.
Sure I wont argue on this with you, but it was not me who â€￾inventedâ€￾ this.
Maxim told me about it. And in a way it is the same what you are telling: “They have the 75, 90, 105, 120 degree C-Max V-Points available from stock in the 1/8" round C-Max shanks.â€￾
So these are not the ones I prefer, but Alexandre ordered a lot of the small angles because GRS don’t make them anymore, they only sell the stock.
And it was Maxim who asked me if I already did read something about that on “the forumâ€￾.

So I don’t want to discredit anyone, but if GRS run out of stock of these, it is still not sure they will still fabricate those gravers.

arnaud

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The 1/8 inch round blanks are much cheaper, as GRS does not have to machine them to square cross section, and more importantly, as Diane Scalese has reported, these C-Max round gravers will make a much wider flat for western bright cutting.

Rod