Monogram

nomentalgiant

Elite Cafe Member
A while back I posted a monogram sketch for critique. Well, this is what came of everyone's suggestions. So thanks to everyone who offered their advice as it was a great help in making this work.

All comments, critique, and questions welcome. Thanks for looking!

nomentalgiant

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for the complements guys!

Dennis, you bet it was! I never want to engrave (or pierce) one of those ever again. I'll leave them all at the shop for you to embellish. Consider it a gift for teaching me to engrave in the first place.:big grin:

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I think it is a nice monogram executed very cleanly. Photography is good too as Sam said. Just for the edification of those that may not travel to both forums, I think Tom McArdle;s comments are spot on as well.

James,

That looks very nice!

You do have a lot of negative space at the top though.

Also, you have a conflict at the top right of the H and the B.

See what I mean? Elements of the letters either need to pass by each other, or interlock with each other. It normally doesn't look good when elements of two adjacent letters try to occupy the same visual space.

Take care,
Tom

Isaiah 49:16

nomentalgiant

Elite Cafe Member
Again, thanks for the kind words guys!

Scott, thanks for posting Tom's critique on this side. I too think its pretty much spot on. Hopefully other forum members can learn from this as well.

Photographing highly polished silver is an enjoyable challenge. Without photoshop one has to find creative ways to "float" an object in the given picture. In this case I suspended the pendant in front of one of my wife's decorative vases with a piece of foliage that was already implanted in the thing. Then positioned it so the pendant reflected the soft white morning light coming through my kitchen window. Finally I back lit the scene with a Maglite held in place by a stalwart oven mitt and with camera on tripod, shot away. Until I get a real setup, oven mitts and Maglites will have to do. :)

Latest posts

Sponsors