Moneyclips

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hello, I hope the holidays went well for everyone. I am posting this stuff because I have been trying to incorporate some leaves into my brightcut work, but they sorta look like feathers to the layman. One is a future barrette, and the rest were future money clips that are sold long gone. I am looking for some help and I know there are some top notch engravers around here that might be able to point me in the right direction on these darn leaves and probably some other errors I might be making. Thanks everyone,and I hope you enjoy looking, Seth Becker

Oh yeah, I am sorry for the bad pictures. It was a nightmare taking pics of this brightcut in a rush.

Attachments

• barrette1.jpg
    barrette1.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 234
  • money clip1.jpg
    money clip1.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 233
  • moneyclip2.jpg
    moneyclip2.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 220
  • moneyclip3.jpg
    moneyclip3.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 205
  • moneyclip4.jpg
    moneyclip4.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I like them as well, i looked first at the pictures and thought "wow beautiful leaves".
After watching the pics I read that you are not quite satisfied, they look so much different than the usual leaves.
I like the flowers as well, today I have tryed to cut some flowers but they look so clean without any charm.
I have to study yours!! thank you for showing.
Willem

( I think the feathered look is because of the shading but they are really nice)

Last edited:

docmike

Great job Seth, I think those leaves look great, I would not know how to tell you to change them, I don't think they look like feathers. I really like them. Thank you for showing us.
Mike

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Seth,

I think that your leaves add interest and a unique touch to your bright cut. If some people see them as feathers...so what? All of our decorative motifs are styalized forms of nature and seek to add beauty. The viewers interpretation is their own. Sometimes engraved ornament is like an ink blot test. Various people see different things.

Roger

gail.m

Elite Cafe Member
Seth, I think they look very nice and pleasing to the eye. You have given them a wonderful contour with your shading. You should 'walk proud' with these!
gail.m

dave gibson

Elite Cafe Member
I've been a tattoo artist for 29 years, many traditional tattooers make leaves exactly like pictured on the first barette. Make them longer and bend them around and thats how we make the tail feathers on a phoenix or bird of paradise. If you put a heart in the middle of that and connect the vein lines to the heart, it's a peacock feather. So everyone's right,(or wrong)