Announcement: Hand Engraved BirthStone Rings

Mario Sarto

Elite Cafe Member
Hello d2djewelry, welcome to the Cafe!

You asked for suggestions to make it better. One thing hurts my eye - it is the way you set the stones. It seems to me, you are using the beading tool to push the metal over the stones. It isn't made for that. Beyond that there is a terrible burr around the beads left. Cut it away and clean everything around the beads by using a polished burin and it will look much better.

I watched your Homepage and i stumbled on the document about the ring sizes. In Germany we do not use those numbers, we use the circumference in millimeters. For example: 11 (US size) is 65 in German. As you have a German Office, you should know this.

HTH, Mario.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Welcome to the Café.

I must agree with Mario about the stone setting. Besides that, in my opinion most ring designs are not right in balance neither with the stone sizes and they don’t look very elegant.
Just my opinion

arnaud

JIA

Elite Cafe Member
HI there,
To me your design look like silversmithing+wax carving+old time jewelry.

I dont know what the question is here, is it about the website? or about the ring? if its about the rings they are already made. about the website! very good.

Now for the setting there is alot of stone setting I dont know if the show that at the applied art class but most collage doesnt....
Polishing the rings? i dont know if you use a speed motor or hand polish but that too depand if you are trying for the old look for the design.

the engraving is it done by hand push gravers? they can be cleaner cuts.

most of the engraving around here on the forum are very clean so no one is used to this kind of engraving, now im not saying your engraving is not good but lots of style around here on the forum.

All is good, browse the gallery and you will see what i mean.
enjoy your stay and welcome to the forum.

jakob