practice plate

JLA.jr

This is my third practice plate and the first attempt at the running wheat boarder. The plates i am using are just some old plates that i have found and where pretty rusted and pitted up. One of the things i really need help with is figuring out why my gravers are becoming magnatized on me is this common? Its a sever pain in the rear. Is there any way to get rid of it? Also been having a hard time with chipping my gravers, i have tried all of the steps on Sams igraver site and still continue to fight this. I still have a long way to go but i will keep working at it. Thanks for any help Jack, I hope the pics are on here my need help with that as well if not......what a knucklehead!

JLA.jr

Thanks i finally read the directions.....as i was saying i am a knuckle head when it comes to this computer stuff! They are on there now

RoycroftRon

Elite Cafe Member
They make demagnetizers... Grizzly or Enco should have them. As for the chipping of the gravers, It could be the metal that you are cutting. I would say it could be something novice like digging in too deep, but your work looks cleaner than mine.:tiphat:

Latest posts

Sponsors