Old dog--new tricks!

JLA.jr

Hello everyone, my name is Jack Allen Jr. I have been enjoying your cafe for about 6 months or so and I figured I had better introduce myself! My father and I had an engraving business in the 80's and 90's back in Arizona and did all western bright cut stuff, mostly trophy style stuff for rodeos and jewelry. After fighting in that market for quite a few years I went to work for a major railroad and have been lucky enough to have a good job for the last 15 years. Back in 2002 I was promoted and moved to Emporia Ks. where i was introduced to GRS. Before leaving Kansas i was lucky enough to go to one of Sams basic engraving class and found out that i was living in the stone ages as far as my tools went!!! So for the last few years i have been waiting to update all of my engraving tools and this year with the encouragment of my dad i made the splurge and bought about $6000.00 worth of tools. I have been working with these for about 2 months now and have been having a blast! I now live in Kingston Mo. still working for the railroad but heading towards retirement in the next 15 years or so and would like to have my engraving as a full time business by then. As i improve some i will start posting some pics of what i am doing. I hope all on this forum has a happy holidays and a great 2010.

Jim Sackett

Elite Cafe Member
Welcome JLA.jr from another reincarnated stoneager, cerca the '60. This is a place to learn what you forgot and forget what you learned. Please don't wait too long to start posting we are all learning as we go along. Engraving is in a new age!

Jim Sackett

Latest posts

Sponsors