Announcement: new engraver

MICHAEL

Elite Cafe Member
Hello everyone, my name is michael linkous. I'm a Registered Nurse who just unpacked his gravermach tonight. I have been educating myself with books on engraving and this website, which is great by the way. I got hooked on engraving when I saw a pair of Colt's engraved by Master Engraver Jerry Harper. They belong to a good friend of mine and he introduced me to Jerry. Jerry was kind enough to take time out of his day to talk with me for a few hours. I feel priviledged to have been able to talk with him as I know his time is valuable. That talk is what answered the few remaining questions and doubts I had in order for me to shell out $3,000 bucks for tools! I plan on taking the basic metal engraving course at the GRS training center. I went ahead and bought tools to start out since the classes are 3-4 months away. I would like to thank everyone for all the great knowledge I have gained from these pages already.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
welcome. glad you find this place informative. classes are the most valuable addition to the engravers' bag of tricks. such erases years off the learning curve. send fotos when you do some scratchin. btw, start drawing--- right now !! direct orders form us all.

Billzach

Elite Cafe Member
Welcome Michael, I stop at Harriman 2 or 3 times a year to eat or gas up..You,ll get a head start by taking the GRS class, we,ve another Smokey mts. engraver on the forum..

nomentalgiant

Elite Cafe Member
From one RN to another, welcome! Please feel free to ask any questions you have. Just be careful, engraving is highly addictive and is one of the leading causes for tool dependency.:big grin:

Last edited: