2 new borders & Christmas work!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
hey, my good man- the bright cutting on your script has improved quite nicely. looks as though you may have began to polish those tools a bit better, as well as getting better control.

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hi Jim, your script engraving has definitely improved. Well done. Be careful of over runs with your block lettering though. Sometimes this is caused by the graver clipping the metal behind the cut. If this happens, just start your cut further along the line and back cut to finish it. You can remove such blemishes by re entering the cut, lifting the metal, tapping it down with a tapping hammer and burnishing. If you're left with a little raised area, stoning it will finish it off flush with the original metal. You can't do this on plated metal though.

gail.m

Elite Cafe Member
That is some nice lettering Jim! :tiphat: Your work has changed a lot for the better!
Did you use flat gravers for this?
I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a Great New Year!
gail.m

Jim Sackett

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Gail ,

I used a larger flat on the script Scrufffie and tuched it up with a 90 square graver. The borders are all cut with the 90.

The little block engraving was done with a 50 round and a 6/4 liner for the up strokes on the names. Merry Christmas

Jim