Hobo Nickel Portraits

Steve Adams

Elite Cafe Member
This is my third try. Hopefully this works. Here are three nickel portraits for all to view. These are Verne Walrafen's daughters Dawn (upper left), Sonya ( lower center) and Natasha ( upper right ).

Attachments

• cafe photo.jpg
    cafe photo.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:

Billzach

Elite Cafe Member
Steve
I,ve done a few portrait coin carvings, but they are hard for me to do..After this year I plan to get more involved into portrait coin carving and fade out of regular coin carving.

Steve Adams

Elite Cafe Member
These are the clients three daughters. I'll check to see if giving names is okay.

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Steves client is a friend of mine as well and have seen pictures of the daughters during my visits. welll done Steve. Portraiture is the toughest of them all.

gtsport

Elite Cafe Member
Having seen these in person when Steve was working on them, I'd have to say the pictures don't do them justice. Seeing the light play over the coin's surfaces in your hand shows them as true works of art. Nice diamonds, too.

Steve Adams

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks everyone for the nice comments. Portraits can be tough, even I agree with that. Although I do portraits almost on a weekly basis, they are usually much larger. Nickels are a challenging canvas. As usual, I turned to Sam for some advise for how to get these stones set in. He gets the credit for telling me how, although I get the credit for any imperfections. I will try to improve on my setting skills.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i'm sure verne will have a very spacial place for those 3 in his collection. they are great !and the more i look at them, the control you exercised in handling the depth is beyond amazing !.

Last edited:

Sponsors