new metal work

charles wu

:)Here will reappear the sequence of handmade metal works' making,
A chinese sword guards & fittings, by traditional metal chasing and repousse. It is already near to finish. i will post all the photos here.
Welcome your input for anything
Enjoy it. also thanks your input.

T3mm Copper Sheet used

Ok :beerchug:

CJ Tate

Elite Cafe Member
Beautiful work. Thank you for posting this sequence of pictures. It is always to see a work progress.

What type of pitch are you using in the top picture, or is it a different type of material?

charles wu

It is a standard pitch, for fixing the work.

Beautiful work. Thank you for posting this sequence of pictures. It is always to see a work progress.

What type of pitch are you using in the top picture, or is it a different type of material?

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Charles, I’m not sure but to me it seems you mostly cut in copper, if so is that because it is a soft metal?

arnaud

jack

This is great work. Thank God we have this type of comuncation so we can see how things are made from great artists from around the world. Jack

charles wu

Yes,

I Like the copper sheet, it is a good material to shaping the structure i want. it is softer than the brass sheet, and brass sheet softer than the steel sheet.

Charles, I’m not sure but to me it seems you mostly cut in copper, if so is that because it is a soft metal?

arnaud

charles wu

HERE IS THE GROUP VIEW

AFTER ASSEMBLY WITH THE BLADE IT WILL BE LIKE THAT.

THAT'S THE GREAT SWORDS OF CHINA. HOPE MORE AND MORE PEOPLE KNOW THAT