Engraver wanted for banjo parts

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
This request came in my email today:
--------------------------
We are looking for someone to engrave banjo parts. We build a lot of custom banjos for folks who want engraved parts and we have had only one source for these and so far and are not completely satisfied with the engraving they do. We are looking for someone else to do this. We can supply the parts for you to engrave. The parts would consist of a tension hoop, tone ring, flange and arm rest. We currently have two banjos in the making using engraved gold parts.

See our website at bishlinebanjos.com

Thanks,

Frank Davenport
Bishline Banjos
Tulsa, Ok

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
not sure what these parts look like, size, elevation, etc. wont cost you a nickel to send a few j-pegs for me to take a peek at. monk45@verizon.net 724-228-2174

Billzach

Elite Cafe Member
Sam, i played a Ode banjo for a few years, I think it was a Gold Ode, at the time i think Roy Clark played a Gold Ode on HeeHaw..

ihsfab

Elite Cafe Member
Engraving banjo parts would be neat job. To bad I don't have the exprience to do that. My old banjo teacher (Vergil Hummer) would be smile'n down from heaven.

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Generally what us Dobro players do to embellish banjo parts is pile the parts up neatly. Go and get a 10 inch cold chisel, a 6 pound ballpeen hammer and .....:D

I would think Tira would look into this since she's the "big parts" setup queen and the purtiest headlight bezel engraver on the forum.;) A jig would be needed for sure for the big round thing, you know Sam; the part where you stretch the hide over to try and keep the sound in & not let it out.:D

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Another cruel insult to us poor banjo players.
A Dobro is just a banjo wannabe! :D

Sponsors