Update on Knife List

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I was contacted today by Mr. Paul Shindler of KnifeLegends.com. He read my article on the knife show and mentioned in his e-mail that there were some additions to his list of knife makers whose knives seem very well suited for knife engraving. His updated list includes: Warren Osborne, Tom Overeynder, Scott Sawby, Charly Bennica, Joe Kious, Jack Busfield, Tim Herman, Jess Horn, Steve Johnson, John Young, Ron Lake, Bob Loveless, and Steve Hoel.

Mr. Shindler also noted that most of the knife makers listed above have their own web sites which would be good references for engravers.

I know this subject is about a week old, but I thought I just had to mention something. The list of makers you name is an impressive list; however, they are all stock-removal knifemakers and members of the Knifemakers' Guild. A large group is the American Bladesmith Society, which includes over 100 rated Master Bladesmiths, and is a larger group than the Guild. As you said in your post, links to the websites of several smiths will give an idea as to their level of work.

Both the Guild and the ABS have several "legends" in their ranks. You should't be limited in your field of choices. See www.Americanbladesmith.com

Last edited:

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Greg,

Thanks for the website and updated information. Any and all information that will help beginning engravers understand more about the custom knife world is greatly appreciated.

I failed to mention that the ABS will be having it's Masters Exhibitiion at the Silver Legacy in Reno, NV during the same weekend as the FEGA show. Normally, we exchange free admissions with the FEGA members. Most of the exhibitors are Master Bladesmiths, and several trot out their very best work for the exhibition. You'll see a lot of makers you will recognize, and several are FEGA members, as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors