Welcome to The Engraver's Cafe!

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Greetings engravers, and welcome. If you'd like to know what this forum is about, please take a moment and read the sticky.

The Cafe offers you a place to exchange ideas and talk about everything engraving. Post photos, get and give critique, and more. Register now! I will be grateful for your participation and suggestions.

~Sam Alfano

SharpGraver

Elite Cafe Member
Awsome Site

Hey Sam

This looks really awsome. Just one question though. Do you ever sleep? I can't seem to get nearly the volume of work done that you seem to do.:)

David

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam this is going to be one cool forum. There will be some hot and heavy discussions going on here for sure, not too mention informative also. I really like the logo it gives you a feeling like; let's get a cup of coffee and talk shop. I have to wonder the same as David if you do sleep:)
Well done.
Mike

Patternweldor

Mr. Alfano...

I want to extend my appreciation for all of the very useful information that you, and others, have made available to everyone, on the engraving site.. Many of the tips, and tricks have come in very handy already, it has and I feel it will continue to be a very popular place...The new engravers cafe is a great idea, the sharing of information, and techniques will be a real winning
situation.
I wish the very best to all, good luck.
Thanks. Patternweldor.

Sam

Staff member
Mr. Alfano...

I want to extend my appreciation for all of the very useful information that you, and others, have made available to everyone, on the engraving site.. Many of the tips, and tricks have come in very handy already, it has and I feel it will continue to be a very popular place...The new engravers cafe is a great idea, the sharing of information, and techniques will be a real winning
situation.
I wish the very best to all, good luck.
Thanks. Patternweldor.

Thanks for joining, and I appreciate your kind words. If you have questions about engraving or would like to post photos of things you're working on (or have completed), please feel free to do so. / ~Sam

Sam

Staff member
Sam this is going to be one cool forum. There will be some hot and heavy discussions going on here for sure, not too mention informative also. I really like the logo it gives you a feeling like; let's get a cup of coffee and talk shop. I have to wonder the same as David if you do sleep:)
Well done.
Mike

Hi Mike. Thanks for joining, and THANKS for your great new tutorial on making gold wire. It's been a big hit judging by the emails I've received. / Sam

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Congratulations on the new Forum Sam. I look forward to participating.

I thoroughly enjoed the class I took with you at GRS in Oct and learned a lot. One thing I learned was I need a LOT more practice which I have been doing.

Thanks again,
Peter Elovich

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member

I am very glad to join The Engraver's Cafe. So far I'm just reading and getting familiar with all that is here. I hope to soon be able to give constructive participation. Thanks for the invite, Glenn

T

test

Congratulations on the new Forum Sam. I look forward to participating.

I thoroughly enjoed the class I took with you at GRS in Oct and learned a lot. One thing I learned was I need a LOT more practice which I have been doing.

Thanks again,
Peter Elovich

Hello Peter, and welcome to the forum. Please feel free to post photos and/or questions. We'll all be happy to help. / ~Sam
p.s. this is a test account to see if I successfully enabled the avatar function.

Sam

Staff member
I am very glad to join The Engraver's Cafe. So far I'm just reading and getting familiar with all that is here. I hope to soon be able to give constructive participation. Thanks for the invite, Glenn

Hello Glenn, and welcome to the Cafe. We'll all be looking forward to your participation. / ~Sam

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Thanks for another great resource, Sam.
The only thing that I see missing from this site is some of the beautiful music and voice created by Sam and his lovely wife.
Come on Sam..... it would go great for a break and cup of coffee.
Best wishes, John B.

PS> great logo, engraving block/coffee cup, very clever.

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ok Sam, now you've gotten the forum up and running.......what about the International Engravers Federation??? :eek:

Seriously, this is a nice move. The Knife 'fine embellishment' forum is great but hopefully this will encourage all types of engravers to participate and share; not just the gun/knife engravers.

cheers,
Marcus

Sam

Staff member
Marcus: Thanks for joining and participating in the Cafe. I think I can speak for everyone when I say we admire your work and are alway anxious to see more!

Forming an international organization for engravers is a huge task, and several of us have discussed the possibility. Rex pretty much told us what needs to be done, and the hurdles and pitfalls which would lie ahead. The idea has certainly not been abandoned.

Learn any new tunes on your guitar lately? Abigail's been doing some multi-track computer recording. Totally cool stuff! / ~Sam

Sam

Staff member
Thanks for another great resource, Sam.
The only thing that I see missing from this site is some of the beautiful music and voice created by Sam and his lovely wife.
Come on Sam..... it would go great for a break and cup of coffee.
Best wishes, John B.

PS> great logo, engraving block/coffee cup, very clever.

Hello John, and welcome! Thank you so much for your participation and kind words.

When you come to Louisiana, Abigail and I would be pleased to take you to one of our gigs! / ~Sam

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hi Sam, (nothing to do with engraving) yes I've been playing a bit and learning a few more tunes. The band I play with had it's first ever gig a few weeks ago! Wow, nothing like actually going live in front of a real audience. I'm in the market for a new mandolin at the moment and whilst I love the guitar (I'd never give it up) I really like the mando as an instrument....a pity I haven't go 2 pairs of hands really! So hopefully I'll shift the knife I have on Ebay at the moment (any takers????:D ) and be able to add to "Marcus' Mandolin Fund" and get my Breedlove sooooooooon....(Any donations gratefully accepted LOL)

all the best from a chilly old England
Marcus

ps, how about posting/linking an MP3 file of Abigail's singing????

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors