Jewelry floral scroll Pictures

Just a couple Of things that I had fun doing, I do very little scroll work so I know it's not as good as some others I've seen here, helpful comments are always welcome.

God Bless
Ron Proulx

Attachments

• Renaflor.jpg
    Renaflor.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 195
  • moneyclip.jpg
    moneyclip.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 187
  • catscroll.jpg
    catscroll.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 197

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Ron: The objects you're photographing are very reflective and it's really tough to clearly see the actual cutting. You might consider one of those nylon light boxes that completely enclose the object. Here's one on ebay. Highly polished items are usually very difficult to photograph.

SharpGraver

Elite Cafe Member
Ron your work is beautiful as usual Thanks for sharing. I have not yet tried it but the photography stores sell a spray called dulling spray that you can spray on your shiny objects to photograph them and it washes right off with water. They make two kinds, make sure it is the washable type.
David

Sam

Your 100% right: most of the stuff I work on is high polished and curved. Part of the problem is I do a large volume of work time isn't something I have much of so the pictures are rushed; I deal with at lest 125 retail jewelers nationally so it gets crazy in here. I'm going to check e-bay thank you for the heads up. One of these days I well even find time to take profession hand engraving classes :0 when I saw you had this site up I was so thrilled you have know idea I’ve always admired your work, skill and professionalism.

God Bless
Ron ProulxRon Proulx

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ron another thing that works is those cheap white Tupperware knock off containers usually 4 or 5 different sizes at the dollar store, not as good as what Sam suggests though. All you have to do is cut a hole in the top for the lens and you can rest the camera on it also. You could get 4 or 5 sizes for a few bucks. In the jewelry supply catalogs the sell 1 for about $50.00.
Mike

over edited photo's

I took a look and part of the problem was I over edited my photo's to fit the forum heres a new photo of Rena

Attachments

• rena2.jpg
    rena2.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 97

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Ron: Now we can see some cuttin'! Thanks for posting the new photo.
Consider beveling your leaves to the inside as opposed to the outside. You might like the effect. / ~Sam

Latest posts

Sponsors