colt on its way to reno

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
here is a photo of a colt i just finished for the reno show . this colt has a lot of gold inlays on the barrel , trigger guard , back strap and butt plat also the ejector rod tube .. stop by my table in reno and take a close up look .. thanks ron p.

M A Smith

it is a beautiful piece ron............ just beautiful ..i'm certain the colt community will be drooling, as will those who see it at reno ..........

dein Freund ............... Mark

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
As usual your work is marvelous. I'll see you and your colt in Reno. Thanks for sharing your work Ron. We all love to see what your are doing.

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That definitely has the WOW factor. I would like to see the whole gun also.

Peter

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
new colt photos

you asked for a photo of the whole gun and here it is also other photos .. thanks for your comments and i hope to see all of you in reno ..ron p.

James Wark

Ron, Thats and outstanding job on the Colt. Thanks for the additional pictures, I cant make Reno this year.
Again, its a beautifull piece.
Jim

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ron,

Fabulous piece! Please take a look at the thread about needing help with inlay. You obviously have the process figured-out! Any help you can give me on cutting tight curves to proper depth for inlay without scarring the edges of the design, would be welcome.

Mark

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
well thanks jim and mark .. mark i will give you all the help that you need it is very easy to inlay tight gold scroll . my method is like a lot of others . all i do is under cut my arears to be gold inlayed with a small flat chisel that i grind to a lond 15degree face and then i adjust the with of this chisel to fit the curves .. i hope this helps i am sure that sam and ray who are a real master in this field can give you more advise .. ron p.

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Ron, I'll be taking a close look at this beauty when I'm in Reno. Thanks for sharing with us.

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
ok glen .. i then will tell you and show you how i do gold inlays i will also bring some of the chisels that i use .. see you there .. ron p.

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ron that is a beautiful Colt. How far down in grit do you polish, it looks like it's buffed. I really like that look.
Do you do all your outlines and inlays, polish and then go in and do your fine lines?
How you feeling? I hope well.
Mike

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
hi mike .. i feel GREATTTT . well almost . i do all of my gold inlays first then i do my engraving patterns and after that i do the fine line shading next comes the cutting of the back ground and then i sand every thing with 600 paper and then polish every thing , the gold doesnt get shaded until after the polishing .. ron p.

Latest posts

Sponsors