New Cafe feature: Googlemap ME

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Using Google mapping technology, you can now add your location to our Member Location Map with pinpoint accuracy. You must be logged-in to do so.

1.) Click on the Googlemap ME link on the navigation bar at the top of the forum page.
2.) Click on the [Your Entry] link.
3.) Use the zoom and pan controls to zoom in on your town. You can zoom in to street level if you wish.
4.) Click your mouse on the map to set a marker. If you make an error, click again to reset.
5.) You must type info into the text boxes Marker Title and Marker Text (your name, town, etc).
6.) Click UPDATE INFORMATION button at the bottom.

NOTE: The map's accuracy increases as it's zoomed in.

This is a very cool feature for the Cafe, and I hope it works well!

Cheers / ~Sam

Dmitry Martinov

Elite Cafe Member
At last Sam !!!:) I was trying to handle with map yesterday and there was some problems. I hope now it works.

From Russian with love

Russ Sutton

Google Map

I think if it had one more click on the zoom you could see my shiny bald head. Russ

Sam

Staff member
Congratulations, Dmitry! I see you got it to work. If my instructions are incorrect, please let me know so I can fix them. / ~Sam

Dmitry Martinov

Elite Cafe Member
:) :) :) Thank you Sam, your instructions is correct. I was trying to get on the map 2 days ago, so I left there my info and today it was not working because I need to refresh it. That's all. My bad :(

Mick

Amazing! I found my street and location of my house within a few feet which is more that some relatives could do when comming for dinner Saturday. Maybe if they had this map they would not have ended up 20 miles from here.

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
Sam, is there a pixel size that should be used for picture? Do we upload this to a certain place?

Sam

Staff member
Jim: You don't upload, but enter a URL for a photo that hosted somewhere. I just tested it with my avatar image and it stretched it to fit, and doesn't look so good. My marker's nearly impossible to see because it's behind Abigail's. Anyway, you can add an image url if you wish. I'll check and see what other info I can find. / ~Sam

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
If you zoom in on yourself and click on the satellite mode..you can see your house as BIG BROTHER in the sky sees it. I think they even got me standing in my own driveway. Thats scarey

Sam

Staff member
Dmitry: The Cafe has members in all 50 states, but not everyone has entered their info on the map.

Latest posts

Sponsors