Reno display engravings

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Marty, John B., Chris D.,Ron N. and any other engravers going To Reno would you consider posting some pictures of the work you intend on showing in Reno. Most of these forum members will not be able to attend the FEGA show. It would be great fun to be able to study your work.
I would like to ask the forum members not going to Reno to show your work as well. Thanks

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Glenn
Not to sure how much I will get done in time for Reno. I will have at the show, someplace, the 2008 ACGG Raffle Gun. Below are the shots of the action before I sent it back to Martini and Hagn to put the gun together. I'm also hoping to at least get the action done on a custom Model 70. Attached is a rough sketch of what I am putting on the floorplate.
Marty

Attachments

• floorplate rough sketch.jpg
    floorplate rough sketch.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 222

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
goofed so will try again

Attachments

• DSCF0006web.jpg
    DSCF0006web.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 204
  • DSCF0007web.jpg
    DSCF0007web.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 177

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Kent
The action was color case hardened by Doug Turnbull for this project. He sent the action back to me without the coating varnish so that I could remove the colors from the game scenes. I then coated the action.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Happy New Year, Glenn.
Look forward to seeing you in Reno.
This year has been filled with home reconstruction and commercial engraving projects for me.
That means I won't have anything new and different for Reno, sorry.
But I'll be at my regular stand I hope, to meet many old and new friends.
Some of you regulars will just have to suffer my same old stuff for one more year.
As you seem to be in charge of snow, how about keeping it off the Sierra Nevada passes?
Take care my friend.
John B.

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
hi glenn.. ok i will do that i just finished a colt saa that i will be displaying at the show , it has a lot of gold inlays in it and i will post photos of it in the white .. soon .. ron p.

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
Here is a floorplate that will be in Reno. I should really be working on everything else I need to get ready for the show,but, being that its my first year setting up there I figure I should take some time to get some outside opinions on my work, after all I would hate to get laughed at when I get down there. Anyway let me know what you all think. Thanks, Brian

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I finally finished engraving the model 70 floorplate that I displayed a working sketch of earlier in the thread. Here's a scan of a casting I made of it. It does have gold lines and gold scroll details that do not show up in the castings. I'll have the action on display in Reno. For those of you coming out there..have a safe trip. CYA there

Attachments

• 2 bears.jpg
    2 bears.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 118

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Brian,
Certainly no one will laugh at your work in Reno. I like your layout. Nice work.
Chis DeCamillis can offer some great tips on your elk accents also. I'll stop by your table to lust over your work.

Marty, will you have some castings of this model 70 floor plate at the show? We are getting bombed again with snow as I write this note. So I'll be sending it on to you folks shortly. We've had enough.

Last edited:

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Yeah Glenn
I'm busy trying to get a bunch of various castings to take to reno with me for sale. Thanks for the new snow..we haven't had much here in Durango and the ski slope can use it especially with my kids flying out to ski on sunday. Flying Delta to Reno with a changeover in Salt lake. cya there

Latest posts

Sponsors