Bulino engravings

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Could some of you engravers (Chris) post some of your bulino work (Sam) so we can see another dimension of this art form (Marcus).
Regards, Glenn:)

Better yet, I wish that Sam or one of the other "masters" would consider producing a video showing the actual process. I have made a couple of feable attempts at it and quickly realized that it was much harder than I expected. If someone was to produce such a video I would be happy to allocate some space on my server to host it.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Let's Beg Marty Rabino.

FEGA has a video by Chris DeCamillis that will get you started.

www.fega.com

Hi Joe.
You are right, Chris did a great job.
Another one that does great bulino and videos for the FEGA seminars is Marty Rabino.
His seminar on using PhotoShop to construct game scenes is a classic.
I am going on a campaign to induce Marty to do a bulino seminar and tape for FEGA.
Marty is a great teacher and does a style of bulino that reads very clearly.
He just finished an engraving class at Trinidad College and may be a little burned out for the moment.
But help me out guys and gals, let's all beg Marty to share his magic with us on a bulino video.

Are you out there and up for it, Marty?????????
Please, please, please. It would be a barn burner!

John B.

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I second and third that motion in a hundred different languages! If someone were to do a close up point view or microscope view of this process it sure would take a lot of the mystery out of this art form and may even get those of us too scared to jump into this aspect to finally start the process and get into it.

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Marty, you're the winner. Let's hear from you!

Sam, Your work is spectacular as always. How about showing some more of your pictures?

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Dang......I go away for a week and my "Evil Twin" tries to get me induced. Sounds more like a medical condition than engraving thechnique.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Hi Uncle Marty, and welcome home from Trinidad.
See, even if you do have a shiny head.......we still love you!!!!!
And scheme against you while you're away.
I know, I know....grass dosen't grow on a busy street. Ya keep telling me.
Seriously old friend, I know you already give so much of your time and knowledge.
But I don't know anyone who could do a better job on a seminar and instructional video to really help us all understand the method of bulino.
Your style of this artform is so exceptional and easy to "read" even with the naked eye.
And your teaching style as shown on your PhotoShop video makes your instruction so easy to understand.
Hope you will do it.....Pretty please.
It would be another jewel in your crown.....and Lord knows you need a crown to cover....but let's not go there.
John B.

PS. If you promise to do it I won't post the picture of you with Sue's dress fringe on your head at Rex's hotel room Reno bash. Honest!

dclevinger

Elite Cafe Member
I would love to see Marty do a Bulino seminar. I've been lucky enough to see several of his scenes in person and I really believe he could help many of us. Marty, if you decide to do a seminar, I'm pretty sure I can wrangle up some more of that cake.;) David

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sort of like the tap dance sequence in Young frankenstein....but you are welcome to join in Sam..your work is not too shabby.

Andrew Biggs

All right....all right.....I promise to go home after the seminar. And I promise I won't roll jaffas down the isle and rustle my pop corn bag to loudly or slurp my drink while you're talking!!!!

Sam....they are beautiful examples, thanks for that

Cheers
Andrew

Latest posts

Sponsors