Knife engraving photos

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Would some of you engravers post photos of knife bolsters that you have done. Also if you have done some blades either heat treated or anealed.

Mick

Here are some pictires of some of this weeks work.

Attachments

• P1010062.JPG
    P1010062.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 213
  • P1010060.JPG
    P1010060.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 201

Rick Eaton

Elite Cafe Member
Glenn,
Most of my knives are interframes but there are some with bolsters, but there are alot of different styles. You can see them on my page: http://www.eatonknives.com
bolsters: http://www.eatonknives.com/k_1_03.html
I don't have accessablity to post photos yet, and I'm a little computer illiterate so you can see these on my web page.
As far as on blades they need to be anealed so they can be engraved, they are too hard otherwise.
Hope this helps
Rick

Joe Mason

Elite Cafe Member
Glenn, here is a photo of the last knife I engraved.

Joe

Santo

Elite Cafe Member
You guys do some fine work!! Makes me want to throw my tools away. I think I'll just stick with scrimshaw and save my money buying into this engraving business:( .
;) -- Seriously, it's awe-inspiring to be part of this forum and I feel enriched and challenged every time I sign on. I just want to take the time to thank everyone in the Cafe for the talent and expertise you are willing to share. I count myself as one of the lucky ones!!
Peace

S~

santos

Elite Cafe Member
Mother-in-law knife

Hi Glenn,
My hobbies are knifemaking and engraving.
My knives are still far to be as sophisticated as your American knives. But I’m improving my techniques in forums like this Cafe.;)
I’ve just finish the Christmas gift for my mother-in-law: a little friction folder with a 440C blade . The main cuts are done before the heat treatment. Then I polish the blade and I do the shadowing with a 120° carbide graver.
My mother-in-law is a mushroom picker so I’ve engraved some mushrooms I expect she will found.:D
You have a close-up of the engraving here :

http://www.gravure-couteaux.info/photos/juju.jpg

Merry Christmas

Jean

Attachments

• jj1.jpg
    jj1.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 143

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Joe,
I think the knife you posted is just plain beautiful. There is absolutely no doubt the engraving drastically enhances the beauty of the knife. And that is a very fine knife.

Peter

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Here I sit wondering how would I ever come up to this level of work that has been set before me. Mick, Harold, Rick, Joe, and Jean have raised the bar to a gold metal winning display. It is so fun to see this kind of talent. It takes a lot to humble me, but I feel as weak as a kitten. Yikes:rolleyes:
Thanks for your photos.

2toes

Here is a piece that was just recently completed by Joe Mason. The knife was made by Reese Bose and it has mammoth ivory scales. Joe has engraved several knives for me over the last 2 years and I have seen a huge improvement in his work.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Santos.
Beautiful little knife, fine engraving and file work too!
Your M-in L will really enjoy it when she is mushroom cutting.
Merry Christmas,
John B.

Don Cowles

Elite Cafe Member
This one I call "Midnight", and the blade is Bertie Rietveld's Dragonskin damascus. Scales are O-1 engraved and inlaid in 24K gold by Jim Small. The whole package was hot blued after the engraving was finished.

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
and here is the rear bolster ..in these photo i havent shaded the gold inlays yet ..

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Don,
Your knife is unique. How thick are the scales? Very well done. Thanks for sharing.

Andrew Biggs

I was lucky enough to get the book "knives 2007" for Christmas

It certainley is a WOW book and a lot of the guys that are showcased in the book are also on the forums as well. I'd highly recommend it to anyone interested in knives and/or engraving.

Cheers
Andrew

Latest posts

Sponsors