Sam, or anyone with experience with Procreate.

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
O.K. I'm having an issue with sending images from Procreate to the iCloud in a JPEG format losing a tremendous amount of detail. I can't find any way to save my digital paintings at the same clarity as I can see on the iPad screen. I first noticed this when I sent out the image of the puppy that I made last week. Much of the fur detail was missing but I thought that I could correct this by being more aware of how I saved the image. I've tried saving them as PSDs and PNGs along with the regular JPEG formats but these don't even register when I look into my iCloud drive on my PC. Is that the problem? Because I have a PC rather than an Apple product? I was going to post a new picture that I made on the Forum but it was completely washed-out looking. All the fine detail is gone. This worries me because I was going to send it out to printed professionally, as Sam recommend to me a while back. If the digital file that I send out does not contain the details, then it isn't worth the expense. Procreate does not give you the option of file size it will save when converting to JPEG.

I tried to do a direct link between the PC an the iPad Pro to see if I could get the image into Photoshop, which gives me the option of how much detail I can save in JPEG formats. But to no avail. The computer could recognize photos in the iPad but not the Procreate images. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Save in psd format, vs other formats, then you should be able to open in Photoshop.

Save it to your Google Drive versus iCloud iCloud might be the problem

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Carlos! Well, I tried but am still confused and frustrated. Sending the image to Google drive in the PSD format is taking way over an hour. Sending the image to Google in JPEG goes quickly but opening it in Google Drive on the PC, the image is degraded as before. However, if I open the same JPEG image on the iPad while in Google Drive, it comes out great!? My PC monitor is good and all my Photoshop images are crystal clear, so where am I getting the loss? I'm stumped

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I was looking for information to save or import from a usb drive, saw some adaptors on amazon, not sure if it will work, but imnsure im not the first nor the last, will habe to look at some youtube videos and see what's available. Try using sketchbook pro for your drawings, i prefer that one, ot can be used across multiple platforms android, Apple and shared between them. Does not hurt to try.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk