I'm getting nothing done around the house because of this app!!!

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Here is my latest experiment with Procreate. I've got to get back to doing something productive. On second thought, why? I'm retired, so what am I stressing about? As long as I'm having fun,who cares?

Attachments

• Lion.jpg
    Lion.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 172

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Hi Doc Mark,
I love your lion, fine work. well done.
And I think you are the first to post anything on the Cafe other than scroll or graphics using the machine.
Hope you find it useful for your cameo designs.

Andrew Biggs

Holy Crap, Mark

That's awesome!!!

Oh yeah, just so you know.............Work and household chores never go away. For some strange reason they keep waiting for you to attend to them :)

Cheers
Andrew

Cheers
Andrew

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks again guys. The really crazy thing about this painting is how it came about. I was showing my daughter the new iPad and logged into her internet to show how to play a live tv show, and logged onto the National Geographic channel. They we're playing a show about lions. I had recently discovered how to get a screen shot, so I happened to get this shot of a young male lion. After sending the photo to iCloud and then directly to Procreate I was able to draw directly onto the photo. Then, using the fantastic split screen mode, I could work on the painting while comparing it to the original photo. So every step of its creation was done on the tablet alone. The many aspects of this combination of the iPad Pro and Procreate is simply phenomenal. I keep finding new things it can do everyday.

Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
It's really outstanding, Mark! Engraver/jeweler Tim Frank's mom is painting outstanding portraits and animals on her iPad which he's been posting on Facebook, and she just got started with it. The possibilities seems limitless!

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Then, using the fantastic split screen mode, I could work on the painting while comparing it to the original photo. So every step of its creation was done on the tablet alone. The many aspects of this combination of the iPad Pro and Procreate is simply phenomenal. I keep finding new things it can do everyday.
Mark, thank you for this post. It lets Luddites like me know of the possibilities to create scenes for engraving with help from the iPad pro and the program.

Latest posts

Sponsors