Snowbound in Denver

dclevinger

Elite Cafe Member
Well, it looks like we'll have a white Christmas out here. The news is already calling it " The Blizzard of '06". We've got about a foot of snow on the ground and expect another foot or more by the morning. Boy, I'm glad I have plenty of firewood, some good wine, and a wonderful wife to be stuck with. See y'all after the thaw.

Hey Rex, can I borrow those snowmobile boots? David

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
No need to thank me Marty. I deposited what I wanted at our ski resorts then quicklely sent it out of Salt Lake City to Durango. Do enjoy. A real FANCYGUN would send a little on to Santa Sam.

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Glenn....I'm not so sure they can handle real snow in Sam's neck of the woods........but thanks for the gift

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Holy cow....I was just watching the news and you guys on the colorado front range are getting creamed big time with this snow storm....stay warm guys and good luck

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
David,
A good Michigander always has a pair of boots in the house and an emergency pair in the car. Sorry, I can't spare them even though it was 50 here yesterday. Looks like you guys got slammed hard! Do engravers get "snow days"??? Good luck!

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
It's been unseasonably warm and muggy here with highs in the 70's. Yuck. I'm ready for some cold, dry air.

Yves Halliburton

Elite Cafe Member
The one good thing about Snow in Georgia is you get to stay home. Georgians have no clue what that white stuff is. It's like watching the keystone cops.

dclevinger

Elite Cafe Member
Right now, the yardstick shows 26 inches and it's still coming down. It sounds like there are about 3000 people stranded at Denver International Airport and many won't be able to get out until Sunday. Not a great way to start the holidays.

Well, I better put my snowshoes on so I can get some more firewood out of the shed.;) Take care eveyone. David

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Hi David.
Hope the snow clears up soon.
Hate to have you miss Reno! Ha ha.
You'd sure to be out of firewood by then.
Merry Christmas to you and Darcy.
Stay warm.
John B.

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Hey you boys over Denver way and Durango. We just got hit with another snow storm here in Salt Lake (AM 12/22/06). I know you are anxious for a little snow for a white Christmas so I'm hurrying it on its way to you. Merry snowy Christmas!:)
Stay warm.

en2siastic

Belgian storm

No snow for this Christmas in Belgium, the weather is nice except that my workshop has been hit by a storm.
I don't know for you, but it is a real pleasure for me to clean everything after the storm, to put each tool at its place and then : START SOMETHING ELSE LOLLLLL
The only problem is when my daughter ask me : Where is the adhesive tape ?
I usually bring it to her myself, we never know she could move something important......:)
Merry Christmas to all of you.
Francis.

Attachments

• étau1.jpg
    étau1.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0367_WEB.jpg
    IMG_0367_WEB.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 37

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
No skiers on the forum? I could really like being snowed in at any of numerous places in CO or UT. I haven't been to Denver since they moved the airport about 30 min drive east of the old one.

Hope everyone gets where they want to be for the Holidays!

Peter

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
YUP...we ski here Peter.......nothing like skiing back east.you get spoiled with the snow and the beauty........I guess the nearest place to you in Ct is Jimmny Peak up above Pittsfield..been there done that and dont miss the lift lines
Just got back from driving to get my son at the airport in Albuquerque and even thay got some snow and good cold weather. But anything is better than Denver at this point in time...stay warm up there

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
FANCYGUN,
Actually, where I live in CT is about 7 miles from a little ski area called Sundown. I learned how to ski there about 20 years ago. On 3 ft skis the top of the bunny hill seemed scary. Jimmny Peak is about 90 minutes drive. I used to go there and it was a fun mountain.

What really spoiled me was my trips out west. Minimal lines (compared to N. England) and vast open areas with REAL powder. My best times were probably in Utah in Little Cottonwood Canyon at Alta and Snowbird.

ICE just doesn't exist out there like in New England. What they call "ice" in Utah is "packed powder" in these parts!

Happy Holidays everyone!

Peter

Rick Eaton

Elite Cafe Member
Up here in Montana we've been unseasonable warm in the 30's and 40's, we could sure use some of that snow up our way, of corse if we got 3 ft like some of them in CO, we'd be snowed in for a month, not much traffic where I live and we are last on the plows list, although we wouldn't mind a couple ft ,we'd take it any way we can get it. Merry Christmas
All the best
Rick

dclevinger

Elite Cafe Member
My car is still stuck in two feet of snow so you guys can come and take as much as you want. On the plus side, I've gotten a lot of work done this week even with several long shoveling sessions. Merry Christmas. David

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Dave, You need to put skis on your harley. Merry Christmas everyone. Because I'm moving on Jan 5 and this is Idaho I'm temporarily cheering for global warming. Keep the snow south until Jan 6.:D