Another IPad user - also my first post.

Backpaker

I've been a member on here for a few years but haven't posted before . After seeing all the fun everyone was having with their iPads and Procreate , I had to get one myself. Here's my first attempt using the new toys. Admittedly, I have a long way to go with my drawing, but I think the iPad will make the journey more pleasurable. I don't want to put it down! I welcome your comments, critiques, and advice.

Thanks
John

IMG_0037.jpg

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I would say you knocked it out of the park! A suggestion would be to vary the line thickness in your outline "cuts". Nicely done :clapping: :beerchug:

Backpaker

Thanks Guys

Sam, I appreciate your suggestion. The varying thickness of your lines is something I have always admired, and certainly want to emulate. Varying the line width with the ipad pen seems somewhat similar to varying the cut width with the graver - a skill that must be developed. I chose your engraving brush to do the outlines of my drawing because I may transfer and cut the design at some point. It gives a darker , crisper line, but seems to a little more sensitive to pressure changes and jitters to my hand. What brush do you use for your shading and crosshatching? Thanks again for sharing your brushes and guidance.

Latest posts

Sponsors