Exact Location

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
Hi All.
Using google earth, and turning on the Grid. I'm sitting at 43° 25' 14.25"N by
81° 37' 44.78" W in longitude and latitude. Really kind of neat. The shops
just a little south.

ps. You can find Grid in the View menu. Use the thumb tack for exact location
by moving it to where you think your are.

Last edited:

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Google Earth is pretty cool. When I used it, I could locate public locations pretty well, but private homes such as where I live didn't work. All you could get was blurred out foliage? That was a while ago, perhaps more detail is available now?

Peter

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Brian,
So, I'm going outside and waving. Tell me if you can see me? Just kidding,
but using general area location like city hall. I can put a maker where ever there's
an engraver. If you ever want to engrave a picture of a Russian Typhoon sub, there's
one sitting in St. Petersburg harbor. Top View only.

Andrew Biggs

The latest version of Google Earth available at www.googleearth.com is pretty amazing and best of all, it's free. The older version was quite clunky and crashed a lot of computers.

It's a great way to see where people live, sort of like flying over their house. With the new version you can actually type in the street address, state, suberb and country and it'll take you right there. In some areas you can get down to 2-300 feet off the ground and in others it's a couple of kilometers.

I don't think the security thing is of any worry because the satelite photos are dated and not in real time so nobody can actually watch Elvis leave the building :D

Pretty cool and a bit of fun. I'd highly recommend it.

Merry Christmas
Andrew

Andrew Biggs

Hi Brian..............now that's really cunning. I wouldn't have thought of that in a hundred years. Have you ever thought about becoming the next James Bond???? :D

Cheers
Andrew

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
What are doing it Amherstbug? I thought you had a shop in Rockwood, Michigan. I know that Canada is the Center of the world and everything revolves around it. You really mean it.
when you said you were giving up the torch? I suppose if you just got a new laser welder.
Who needs a torch.

Mick

Jim
Yes I am in Rockwood. A short walk thru the woods brings me to the Detroit River/Lake Erie shore where I can clearly see Amherstberg and Bar Point, Ont.
Mick

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
Wish I would have know earlier. I was in Bloomfield Hills around lunch delivering Jobs. Oh well, there always
next week. Have a Merry Christmas Mick.
Jim

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
Okay, I will. You might tell me where you are in a email.
I used to work at 4th and Main in a store called Pentimento.
Jim

Latest posts

Sponsors