engraving Buck knives

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
I recently purchased some of GRS's lazer patterned Buck knives. These are great practice pieces for scrolls under your new meiji christmas microscope. I've even found some poor sighted folk that wants them for whittling knives.
Seriously these tight scrolls offer a bit of a challenge for us guys with big fingers.
Has any one else tried these? If so, what was your take?

Ken Hurst

Elite Cafe Member
Hey there Mr. Russ. Go on and do it -- you know you can besides, it teaches you more disipline . Sam , Ellis and Bill Moudy want to get together over here for a pig picking someday, talk shop and fill our bellies. Drop me a line or call so we can all arrange to get together. Ken

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have the one of the knives also but haven't cut it yet. I DID cut the practice plate with the same design however. I agree...very tight scrolls for sure. I actually think the knife would look better (to me anyway) with a pattern a bit larger.

Peter

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Well I completed the first buck knife. I found a blind fellow who felt it and gave me great reviews so with that encouragement I started a second knife of a different design. It also has tight scrolls along with an oval for an initial. This small scroll work has gotten easier, faster and more fun. I think I'll take this one back to my main man for a little more encouragement!

William Grubb

Elite Cafe Member
Glenn,
What was the name of that blind guy? I have a couple he might like also,or do you think you can keep up the supply for the demand.

William Grubb

Elite Cafe Member
Glenn,
What was the name of that blind guy? I have a couple he might like also,or do you think you can keep up the supply for the demand.:rolleyes:

Russ Sutton

Hey there Mr. Russ. Go on and do it -- you know you can besides, it teaches you more disipline . Sam , Ellis and Bill Moudy want to get together over here for a pig picking someday, talk shop and fill our bellies. Drop me a line or call so we can all arrange to get together. Ken
Ken: I'd love to get together and it doesn't have to be a pig picking either. I think it's Ellis Sawyer. I enjoyed talking with you last week. Thanks, Russ

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Bill,
I got me a liability problem. Got a phone call from my main mans attorney. It seems my man picked up a burr in his finger, got infected, had to remove the finger, can't clean his sun glasses, and is suffering a nervous breakdown. The attorney wants to know who my advanced engraving instructor was at the GRS school. He says I was'nt taught burr removeal.:D :D

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Glenn: I only teach how to get burs into your fingers, not get 'em out.
~Sam

William Grubb

Elite Cafe Member
Sounds to me like he's sue happy Glenn e-mail me his address ,and I'll go rough him up a bit .The nerve of some people when you let him have a "Master Piece" what's one little finger anyway?:D

Latest posts

Sponsors