Mauser Floorplate with Meier lever

Christopher Malouf

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
5mi from the nearest Dunkin Donuts in Tennessee
Well, I thought this was an interesting piece to engrave. The final piece I've engraved from a custom built rifle by Steven Cale of Scott Depot West Virginia......one heckava talented guy and I'm honored to work with him.

Special thanks to Ron Nott ... a great teacher and friend.........and Lee Griffiths.

Hey I just noticed the upload section.....woops!!

Attachments

• mausefp+lever.jpg
    mausefp+lever.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Chris, The floorplate turned out very nice. Nice gold touches and well shaped scroll. Will this one be at Reno? I believe this is the gun we talked about. Look forward to seeing you and the gun at Reno.

Steve223

Elite Cafe Member
Great lookin work Christopher...I really like the bracelet. I cowboyed with a guy who was from Beckly WV.

Christopher Malouf

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
5mi from the nearest Dunkin Donuts in Tennessee
Hi Steve....thank-you. Taught myself Western last fall using a book and a video. Best ROI ever.

-------

Hi Lee, thank-you very much. I wanted to reply ASAP as I am moving this weekend...a little deeper in to hills. Gosh, I've been spoiled with my DSL connection and it's tough to give up. Anyway....yes, this is the rifle. I'll have a better photo of this floor plate and more photos of the entire rifle as soon as it is re-finished. Your fine line shading has been a great inspiration and this pic just doesn't do the shading I've done justice.

I don't know if the rifle will be in Reno. Unfortunately it's not my call ....the gunmaker I am working with is not sure if he will bring anything with him this year (I'm certainly gonna try to persuade him to). It will be his first year attending (and mine if all goes as planned). Steven Cale is certainly a rising star....from what I've heard, some of the ACGG folks are looking forward to him being there as he is seeking a full membership in the Guild.

Best wishes.......be back after my move,

Chris

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
hi Chris .. thanks for posting your work , I think it looks great I do like how you handled the floor plate . and when you get time stop by and I will show you more about my ways of engraving .. ron p.