Advantages of Being an Engraver's Wife

Abigail

Administrator
I have been asked to come up with a new list comprised of the ‘advantages’ of being an engraver’s wife.
I’ve thought about this for days and days and I have to say that when I think about being married to Sam, I don’t really think of him as “my husband the engraver’, but just as “my husband, Samâ€.
Now, I could list a thousand advantages of being married to Sam, but that is not what I’ve been asked to do. So….after days of pondering the issue at hand,:confused: I am afraid that other than the obvious benefit of being on the receiving end of some beautifully hand crafted gifts, I have to say that one great advantage of being an engraver’s wife is:

I’ve never had a splinter that he couldn’t extract. :D This is another very important use for that very expensive microscope.

Cheers!
Abigail

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ah yes, the good ol' "splinterectomy procedure". When my oldest son was about 4 or 5 he walked barefoot out into the flower bed bark mulch and collected enough splinters to make his little feet look like pin cushions.:eek:

A brief kitchen counter/operating table outpatient procedure with my watchmaking tweezers, optivisor and about 50 splinters later we were done and he never let out a peep. That boy's tougher than a pair of woodpecker lips!:cool:

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'll agree. Nothing works better than the microscope for removing splinters. Those tiny little things look like toothpicks under the scope!

Magnus Jensen

Not to talk about....

Its kind of funny to hear that all of us microscope users seem to end up doing the same thing under the microscope.
Not to talk about "Dady can you remove the focul lens I want to lock at this bugg up close".

By the way Sam I cant seem to make the button for spell check to work.
And it feels like an obstical that when I wright people might not be able to read it.
Please help me out what am I doing wrong?:confused:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Magnus: I don't have a spell check option anywhere I can see. I checked the forum software documentation and apparently there isn't one.

You might try IEspell and see if that works. Apparently a lot of people use it. It's a browser add-on for Internet Explorer. / ~Sam

Yves Halliburton

Elite Cafe Member
Splinters

It's ironic, everyone in my subdivision comes to see me when such an injury happens. But looking at some of those injuries close up can be frightening.

William Grubb

Elite Cafe Member
I too use the microscope for removal of tiny shavings of steel that being in the tool & die business I'm constantly getting in my fingers ,and they are so small that its worth the cost of the microscope just to remove them. I wonder if the IRS would let me write it off as a medical expense.

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Here are some advantages.

When the kids are sick and need to stay home from school Dad is always here.

When my wife Holly gets a snow day and gets to stay home from school and girls don't I take the day off........................ I like those days:D

When Dad works overtime he is still available to the family.

I have the tools to fix darn near everything including the girl's favorite junk jewelry that is always breaking.

I'm easy to find in an emergency........because I am always in the same place.:eek:

Ray

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Being the wife of an engraver is wonderful because engravers are cuddley.
(written by a would be cuddley engraver) One can hope!

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It's great fun to look at tiny bugs under there, too!
Abigail

Whats scary is when you are bound up in your work totaling concentrating on some small engraving through the scope, when all sudden the worlds biggest bug walks into your feild of view, it scares the crap out of ya!

Magnus Jensen

Now it works!

Thanks Sam,
There is a "check spelling" over the smilies, and with IeSpell it came to life.

One thing that seems to be on the down side to a engravers wife or like in my case setters wife is abuse of engraver´s Café. My charming wife will explode the next time she finds me blocking the computer. She is not at home for the moment so I feel kind of safe right now.

Magnus

Sam

Staff member
Magnus: Abigail and each have laptops for traveling and desktop systems for home. We strongly believe in his-and-hers computers! Glad ieSpell is working for you.

Scott: Doesn't that make you feel silly when you about jump out of your skin when a microscopic bug strolls under the 'scope? I always laugh at myself for jumping. / ~Sam

Sam

Staff member
I perform my best in clutter and mess. The bugs keep me company. I just wish they wouldn't run under my 'scope!

Latest posts

Sponsors